wrung24

wrung24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$4 NL HE 6-max: 2NL : Unknown player turn minraise

Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 60/40/0.7

Ok so this is a hand I'm not too sure about the whole way through.

Villain is unknown (played 5 hands and ran after this hand), I usually struggle playing against unknown players and try to fold marginal hands at the first sign of aggression.

Stacks:
BTN with $1.90
SB with $2.70
BB with $1.05
UTG with $2.26
MP with $0.85
CO with $1.00

hand.pl

Site: Party Poker
Dealt to SB:T♣ T♥
Sklansky group 2
Preflop:
CO checks
2 players fold.
BTN raises [$0.04 USD]
Hero raises [$0.13 USD]
BB calls [$0.12 USD]
1 players fold.
BTN calls [$0.10 USD]
Total folds this st
reet: 3
Potsize: $0.43
Flop:
5♣ 7♣ Q♠
Hero checks
BB checks
BTN checks
Potsize: $0.43
Turn:
6♣
Hero bets [$0.28 USD]
1 players fold.
BTN raises [$0.56 USD] BTN wins $0.28 USD BTN wins $0.96 USD from main pot
1 players folded.
Total folds this street: 2

My main problem with this hand is preflop I think. So villain raises on the button and I'm sitting with TT on the SB. The player to my left is a fish (80/10/1.3). I'm thinking that if villain is stealing then I can raise this hand and play heads up against the fish, albeit OOP (At the time this sounded genius, now meh). After the hand I thought that the villain would have raised more on a steal, I think he is looking for a call. The fish calls, so does the villain (at that point I'm taking away at least AA, KK, QQ from his range, but they are still a small possibility).

On the flop I think I'm in a WA/WB situation (board is maybe a bit wet for that though), so I check. I'm thinking that the villain would have bet any queen.

The turn puts a flush on the board but I'm thinking my tens are good at that point and bet, fish folds and villain insta minraises. To me that is a very big sign of strength, there are so many hands that beat me so I think I made the right fold.

How would you guys play this hand ? could I have lost less on it ?

Thanks

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'd raise more preflop like at least to .16(because you're going to be playing OOP on the flop if called so always raise more than 3x). On the flop i'm going to cbet because you're often ok here and you need to charge people for draws.