wrung24

wrung24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$4 NL HE 6-max: 2NL : flopped set raise sizing

Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 92/25/3.7

Hand against two players, where my main question is what do you think the right move on the flop is ? Up to now I have been basing my raise sizes on one opponent and hadn't really gave it more thought with a 3rd player in play.

(Villain 1 : BTN - 92/25/3.7)
(Villain 2 : BB - 80/0/0.0 over only about 12 hands)

poker stars $2.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players

UTG: $2.06
MP: $2.00
CO: $2.60
BTN: $7.72
Hero (SB): $2.03
BB: $4.80

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is SB with 6 6
2 folds, CO calls $0.02, 1 fold, Hero raises to $0.10, BB calls $0.08, CO raises to $0.18, Hero calls $0.08, BB calls $0.08

I think you could make a cause for a call or a raise in this spot, but I thought that there was quite a decent chance I could take down the pot either here, or on the flop, and of course it creates a more juicy pot if I hit a set on the flop.
Big blind call (I'm not extremely comfortable with hand reading yet, working on it and using it in obvious situations), he has a very wide range I think here. BTN raises to 0.18, this is a bit easier, first time he 3-bet during my time on the table with him (~50 hands), I think I can put him on a big hand at this point (TT+,AQ+, but more likely QQ+), I call so does BB.

Flop: ($0.54) 9 A 6 (3 players)
Hero checks, BB checks, CO bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.46, BB calls $0.46, CO calls $0.36

So fabulous I hit my set, I paid a lot of money to see it so I want to make it count. I go for a check looking to raise his c-bet (raiser c-bets more than 70% of the time). He bets, and this is where I'm not sure, heads up against the range I put him on, I think a smallish raise like I did is fine, with the range I put him on, I want him to call his 2 outer. Didn't think about BB, I feel now that I should have raised all in at that point, both call.

Turn: ($1.92) Q (3 players)
Hero bets $1.39, BB calls $1.39, CO raises to $1.96, BB calls $0.57

The queen isn't a great card, but either one of them has to have exactly QQ (99 also a possibility) so I open shove, thinking it will probably be checked through. They both call

River: ($7.23) K (3 players)

The way I'm playing now it's hard enough keeping track of one opponent, so two is almost impossible.

How should I have adjusted with the BB in mind on the flop ?

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks perfect to me. River sucks but whatever.

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i agree this looks good. Not really worried too much about CO(i assume by the BTN you meant CO) with his stats