[25nl FR] AJ River decision

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Feitr - Excellent post. And it's about time you made a strat post coz your thinking and analysis is excellent imo.

I definitely think a post on 'Lines' would be goot imo.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Feitr - Excellent post. And it's about time you made a strat post coz your thinking and analysis is excellent imo.

I definitely think a post on 'Lines' would be goot imo.

QFT, this is something i also need to look into more, i tend to be a little on the passive side too often especially on the turn/river.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok.

A little much to take in at once but I'll come back to this thread when I have more time. Thanks anyway for the great posts Feitr.

From what I have understood so far :))) I understand that b/f is much better than c/c. But: this was one truly bad villain.
The way he played and minbet almost anything and everything, he could have ATC really. Maybe this is not fair, because it could be I know this due to the hands we played AFTER this hand.

But that's what it is. He could have a draw, 1 pair, 2 pair, or any high card even. So that being said, I don't know if betting the river is still better. I'm leaning towards it now.

Maybe my thinking is just screwed because Tenbob said, c/c is best on rivere here during our sweat.

I don't know, I'll get back to this thread tomorrow.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The way he played and minbet almost anything and everything, he could have ATC really.
Feitr said:
but villain only has to call one of your river bets for every 20 min bet bluffs you "snap off".
I'm not gonna post anymore original content in this thread, because Feitr pretty much summed everything up so well. Not to mention that if he's bad enough to min-bet any 2, he's almost certainly bad enough to call a bet with a SUPER wide range.

I don't understand how this is even a decision. We have a player who doesn't look very good, we've got top pair. Bet that river!

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK I got it now.

Basically what I need to really do when playing is go through a decent thought process. Something more extensive than, I has AJ J on flop, bet RAWR.

Put opponents on ranges, think before I act. Probably cut down the tables and really force myself to THINK.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK I got it now.

Basically what I need to really do when playing is go through a decent thought process. Something more extensive than, I has AJ J on flop, bet RAWR.

Put opponents on ranges, think before I act. Probably cut down the tables and really force myself to THINK.

This is what I've been telling Jake. When he goes on auto pilot and see's he has like KK/AA, he just plays his cards. When you start playing too many tables, this happens. You need to cut down and start thinking about how your gonna play the hand.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is what I've been telling Jake. When he goes on auto pilot and see's he has like KK/AA, he just plays his cards. When you start playing too many tables, this happens. You need to cut down and start thinking about how your gonna play the hand.

Exactly.
6 tabling now till I have a decent game.
It's pretty hard not to fall into bad FPS tho.