25nl 6max: AA vs nit

ajrobin

ajrobin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villian is 11/6/4 over 35 hands

I figured I would be up against TPTK hands and combo draws enough to justify stacking here but now im kinda doubting myelf

HAND #1

poker stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

SB: $24.75 (99 bb)
BB: $27.20 (108.8 bb)
UTG: $6.95 (27.8 bb)
MP: $25.25 (101 bb)
Hero (CO): $24.30 (97.2 bb)
BTN: $45.35 (181.4 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is CO with A
spade.gif
A
club.gif

UTG calls $0.25, MP folds, Hero raises to $1.25, 2 folds, BB calls $1, UTG folds

Flop: ($2.85) Q
spade.gif
spade.gif
K
club.gif
(2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets $2, BB raises to $4, Hero raises to $12, BB raises to $20, Hero raises to $23.05 and is all-in, BB calls $3.05

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nasty spot for sure, but we barely have enough equity to stack here. The board's drawy enough that this could be stuff other than KQ & 77.

Hand 0: 49.259% { AcAs }
Hand 1: 50.741% { 77, AKs, KQs, KsJs, JsTs, Js9s, AKo, KQo }

We're certainly not super happy about stacking this spot tho.

Tygran

Tygran

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A few things...

first of all 35 hands is a small sample size so someone with those stats is almost always tight but I wouldn't classify them as a nit just yet. They could be though, i'd just want to see a few more hands.

Second thing...is a 5 BB raise standard for you preflop or are you raising more because you have aces? If it's standard then ok, if you are raising more with better hands that's not so good.

Villain just flatted you preflop..I'd like to think he'd reraise with KK/QQ and probably flat with 77 and possibly KQ. AK...some tight players like to flat it, most reraise it. If he really is tight he's not too likely to be flatting random suited connectors to a 5bb raise against 1 opponent so I think he's probably got either QK or a 77, possibly AK. Based on him being tight and the fact you have the As he probably doesn't have a flush draw. That said we do have to consider hands like KJ/TJ/possibly random suited spades as part of his range, I just think they are the less likely part of it.

Against very loose players I don't mind stacking off but this guy isn't very loose. Stacking off here also isn't *terrible* but against his likely range we are probably about a 50/50 (i'm too lazy to punch it into stove right now).

Since this guy does look tighter and for some reason that mini-reraise on the flop he made tends to be a made hand an awful lot of the time, I think a simple call and reevaluate on the turn might be your best line. We could attempt to semi-bluff at a spade possibly since we are likely to gain folding equity (and more outs). Otherwise some combination of check-calls and blocking bets to get to showdown cheaply would be prudent. This is just one of those tough spots overall.

The way that betting went I'm betting you are gonna tell us he turned over a set (probably 7s)