$25 NLHE Full Ring: Two QQ hands, one live FR and one 6-max online

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$25 NL HE Full Ring: Two QQ hands, one live FR and one 6-max online

Totally standard spots I think with the same hand but position, stack sizes and reads totally change the dynamic.

First hand is rush so no reads, I'm OOP and my raise over a limper doesn't indicate a strong hand usually. Of course BB's range largely comprises QQ+/AK but my feeling in these kind of spots is that if we want more calls from pairs we crush we have to convince them we have AK. SB vs. BB I feel like I'm never folding QQ here. I don't think flatting OOP is an option and with stack sizes, I don't think 4-betting smaller is realistic. I suppose I get owned by KK/AA a lot but I assume no one is advocating folding.

$0.10/$0.25 No Limit Holdem
6 Players
Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
UTG ($25)
UTG+1 ($15.13)
CO ($30.16)
BTN ($10.73)
Hero (SB) ($25.45)
BB ($23.43)

Pre-Flop: ($0.35, 6 players) Hero is SB Q:spade: Q:heart:
2 folds, CO calls $0.25, 1 fold, Hero raises to $1.50, BB raises to $4.75, CO folds, Hero goes all-in $25.45, BB goes all-in $18.68

Live game
A passive player who rarely raises preflop makes it $10 in a live $1/$2 game. This sort of raise is generally on the small/average size. I have QQ on the button (it may be irrelevant, but SB and BB have already acted out of turn by calling the $10) I make it $45 to go. The way the gameflow is going, this is a really strong raise.

He announces raise and makes it $145 to go. I have $160 behind so obviously I'd have to go all-in, he has me well covered.

I have not seen this guy 3-bet let alone 4-bet all game, he has shown down hands like AK/JJ in pots where there was a raise in front of him and he didn't reraise. I folded.

KardKlub

KardKlub

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For 100 bb I'm stacking qq all day long for the first one. Whether I'd 4 bet jam over 4 bet to 10 or 12 first.

Second one is to trust your reads or why have them.

M

matt20

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
second hand seems like a pretty standard fold against a player who doesnt raise preflop. Id says he has AA or KK here a large % of the time. And when he doesnt def has AK. So considering that your probly like 20-30% i think you made a good fold.

Your range is def decently wide there in the SB and some ppl tend to be overaggressive in rush to try to steal preflop... so i dont think shoving there is ever bad, if villain shows up with aces or kings just pray for your 2 outer and move on imo.

Organize a Home Poker Game Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands