$25 NLHE Full Ring: TPTK on 2 clubs Qxx, face flop reraise

Tygran

Tygran

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many hands you played at 25nl? I personally havent experienced it as IMO most players at 25nl like to check drawing hands. Just dont see how shipping a TPTK is a goot play IMO.

Im now at 50nl and find it common for players to re raise draws especially OOP as it sucks to draw OOP.

^ i've spent more time at $25 than you have by a whole lot most likely.

It's more common than you are giving it credit for and this is exactly the villain type most likely to do it.

FWIW I think this type also might raise a worse TP hand like QK/QJ.

I agree with shoving a non club, non king turn

Tygran

Tygran

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its an interesting hand guys.

One thing springs to mind though. If you raise AQ in EP and hit a Q high board, surely this is the very hand you were looking to make. Whilst there is the argument that you could be up against a set, you could be up against a flush draw being raised as a semi-bluff or total air figuring you will see it as a set.

It just seems weak to instant fold the very hand you were looking to make PF because there is resistance.

Maybe take AQ out of early range?

^ also completely agree.

I routinely muck AQ from EP at FR. It generally only gets you into all kinds of trouble if you are called/raised.

I'd honestly rather play a suited connector like T9s for a raise from EP than AQ. (not that I recommend doing that often/ever)

Tygran

Tygran

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pokerstove doesn't let you use the same card twice, so that first calc is fine even though it looks like AcX is in his range.

I'm curious what kind of flop raise %s you guys see in FR on average from guys like this? 17/14s? 13/9s?

Not very high from either.

a 13/9 is going to be very low flop raise... single digits.

17/14? eh...depends on their aggression usually. there are plenty of 17/14's running around at FR that are fit or fold nits postflop and there also some drooling maniacs postflop with those numbers..so it varies. So there is a correlation between their aggression and their flop raise at those stats i would say.

Most people just don't raise TP hands on the flop... they call far more often. If you get raised on the flop it's 2 pair+ or a good flush or combo draw most of the time. Maniacs being the obvious exception. bluff raises are very rare as well.

FR is nitty mcnitster land.

/yes i just replied 3 times in a row in the same thread... i'm overhyped on caffeine and have another hour to waste atm!

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^ i've spent more time at $25 than you have by a whole lot most likely.

It's more common than you are giving it credit for and this is exactly the villain type most likely to do it.

FWIW I think this type also might raise a worse TP hand like QK/QJ.

I agree with shoving a non club, non king turn

I know thats why it wasnt aimed at you

Tygran

Tygran

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know thats why it wasnt aimed at you

I never suggested it was... I hadn't even posted in this thread when you made your comment so how could it have been?

My comment was sorta aimed at you though since you were referencing your experience at $25 NL...which I am certainly not knocking. However, simple fact is I've logged quite a few more hands than than you have at that limit (I was stuck there waaay too long). Nothing personal, just how it is :D.

It's not super, duper common and it's not the standard line for your typical $25 NL player.. but it's common enough so that it shouldn't surprise you to see it is all I'm saying and I'm basing that directly on my experience there. your experience may well be different.

Anyway... that's all... just got the feeling you took that as some kind of slight and it most certainly wasn't intended that way

also... i really just had too much coffee... feeling all jittery now and for some reason I'm in the mood to post a ton.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never suggested it was... I hadn't even posted in this thread when you made your comment so how could it have been?

My comment was sorta aimed at you though since you were referencing your experience at $25 NL...which I am certainly not knocking. However, simple fact is I've logged quite a few more hands than than you have at that limit (I was stuck there waaay too long). Nothing personal, just how it is :D.

It's not super, duper common and it's not the standard line for your typical $25 NL player.. but it's common enough so that it shouldn't surprise you to see it is all I'm saying and I'm basing that directly on my experience there. your experience may well be different.

Anyway... that's all... just got the feeling you took that as some kind of slight and it most certainly wasn't intended that way

also... i really just had too much coffee... feeling all jittery now and for some reason I'm in the mood to post a ton.

Nah man its cool + I know your a way better player than me.

I can see why you said it though as it sounds like im saying how many hands you played meaning im a better player and it so wasnt intended in that way but sorry if you took it that way

its cool dude :)

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is a HA thread not jerry springer you babies :p

Blazing_Saddler

Blazing_Saddler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^ also completely agree.

I routinely muck AQ from EP at FR. It generally only gets you into all kinds of trouble if you are called/raised.

I'd honestly rather play a suited connector like T9s for a raise from EP than AQ. (not that I recommend doing that often/ever)

AQo isn't in my UTG range at 6 max. It is just a pain in the arse to play out of position. If I did play it though, that is exactly the type of flop I would be taking to the felt.

A

Aaronftw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im jamming a non club, non KJ turn here, looks good.

X

x4n4x

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I call here, re-evaulate turn and probably cry no matter what happens on the turn because it's gonna suck unless we get a cheap showdown.
+1 hahaha
He may or may not have (goes with out say that lol :D) but its not worth risking a good portion of a stack with just top pair

Stu_Ungar

Stu_Ungar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
+1 hahaha
He may or may not have (goes with out say that lol :D) but its not worth risking a good portion of a stack with just top pair

Yes and no.

On the one hand its not worth risking a good portion of your stack all of the time without a good hand.

On the other most of the flops you hit will be with TPTK type hands.

A decent opponent would simply reraise you in position every time.

If you have a TP hand (which is most of them) you fold.

If you have a good hand you either reraise or call... either way he knows that you beat TP and plays accordingly.

By the way.. he has complete air!! He isnt raising for value.. he is exploiting your weak post flop tendencies.

So you dont want to be routinely stacking off with TP.. but you shouldnt routinely fold against an aggressive opponent, unless you intend to stay out of hands with this opponent.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know if you guys know me at all but I am like the opposite of weak postflop, in fact im an 4.5 AF barreling machine.

So imo the most likely option is still that he either has me beat with a set or whatever, or even more likely is making a play cause I cbet like 80%.

And yes, I've been trying to get AF down but iz not izi :(