$25 NLHE Full Ring: QQ pos pre get 3Bet from the BB

dooydoo

dooydoo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes but if you commit to 4betting you're never folding.

But im not 4betting to begin with. My point was that if we did 4b then we iso ourselves vs better and fold out all the worse. Id rather 4b 62o because it accomplishes more than QQ and our decisions are very black and white if he shoves on us. QQ is more on the greyscale.

I think calling here is the only play.

dwbrown7680

dwbrown7680

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Knowing what he 3b's makes this lean heavily towards a call and not a 4b yes.

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mathematically vs that range yes. What i shouldve said was we dont know that he gets in that range preflop. He might be only all in pre with KK+, we dont know. So when i 4b there and get shoved on, i want to fold unless i have proof that he can have AK in that spot.

We're in a BTN vs BB spot. 3bet stacking AK is the most standard thing in the world. {AK, QQ+} really is the strongest range we could ever come up against.

We are much more likely to see this range widen than see it shrink.
4betting QQ here is the preflop equivalent to raising up straight flush draws. We get fold equity and on average our equity is 40% at worst vs villains range. It will never be -EV (unless you 4bet/fold) but arguments can be made based on the players 3bet/5bet ranges whether flatting will make us even more money.

If villains 5bet range is only {AK,QQ+} we should 4bet bluff them to death. Eventually we will have built up enough history that 4betting QQ and even 99-JJ based on the rate villain adjusts at will become the best plays.

Z

zippyzip

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Button v BB in FR. This is auto 4bet / call it off. If QQ isn't in your stacking off range btn v bb, then what is?