$25 NLHE Full Ring: Not sure if its worth it here?

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah I'd rather have a nit to my left, because it means I can widen my range and play a lot more pots IP. if I know that the nit on my left's folding everything, then the my CO is pretty much my BT.

Compare your winrate vs 70+vpip fish OOP compared to your winrate stealing blinds off nits. We are going to have to tighten up but having this guy at the table in the first place more than makes up for it. (I'd post if I had access to my database right now).

Do you honestly think when you see that 30 long waiting list to join what will be a very rare 70vpip player at 200NL that if the waiters are sat to the left of the 70vpip they leave as it's -EV. I only leave a table if there are absolutely no fish (a meagre 25/14 would do me) or a very good aggressive reg is on my left and using position to make my life hell.

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the main point is that if there's a better table(s) with a guy with the same skill level to our right, why stay at the table where he's on our left?

This is a complete non-argument. It's like saying:
"Sitting with a 70vpip player is -EV because we could just open a table with an 80vpip player."
If I was one tabling and I had the choice between a table with a 70vpip on my left and a 70vpip on my right I would choose the 2nd table. This does not mean the first table is -EV!! Both tables are hugely profitable!!

In practise most of us multi-table, saying to the OP you should leave the table without having this theoretical great table, (assuming all other tables open have a 70vpip player to are right as well) but to go look for a table with a nit to our left is one of the most absurd arguments I've ever had. Unless all 8 of my tables had 70vpips to my right bar one and another table came up with one to my right only then would I switch yet it has never happened in the entire 750K hands and 5years I have played poker!

jbbb

jbbb

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You would actually prefer a nit on your left to a 70vpip?
Are you that bad OOP you can't beat a 70vpip? Value towning isn't so hard in or out of position. It's not like this 70/10 is going to be putting you in tough spots.

Seriously, this! You raise medium strength value hands, drop hands that require FE to become +EV such as suited connectors. When you hit you bet, bet, bet. They call with a lot worse, they rarely raise, when they do they obviously have the nuts so you fold. Easy game.

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Right, where do I start? Sorry for the wall of paragraphed text and quotes etc I'm about to write.

First of all I'd like to start off saying that I do understand where your coming from, but for some reason no-one here wants to consider my opinion on it. There's never a one way about poker, there's always multiple ways of going about things.

-EV I don't think is the best choice of words, but the point does still stand tbh.

Adjusting to having the fish to our direct left can make us some money when we hit, but playing so many pots OOP hinders our win rate imo. My point was that at 25nl (why are we talking about 200nl in a micro HH thread?) there are a whole bunch of fish with stats like/worse than these at most of the tables at the micros. I'm 10 tabling while writing this and at some of my tables I've got an: 88/0, 67/14, 53/0, 60/20, 40/20, 33/0 and 64/23.

Plenty of tables, even more fish. Why make life difficult playing OOP when you can move tables in less than 10 seconds and have the same or worse player to your right this time?

Compare your winrate vs 70+vpip fish OOP compared to your winrate stealing blinds off nits. We are going to have to tighten up but having this guy at the table in the first place more than makes up for it. (I'd post if I had access to my database right now).

Do you honestly think when you see that 30 long waiting list to join what will be a very rare 70vpip player at 200NL that if the waiters are sat to the left of the 70vpip they leave as it's -EV. I only leave a table if there are absolutely no fish (a meagre 25/14 would do me) or a very good aggressive reg is on my left and using position to make my life hell.

Those are all solid reasons to leave the table, but this is 25nl. And I'm not on about playing at a table full of nits, where you'll get little/no action.. I'm just saying having a nit to our left lets us abuse our position a lot more. Obv our winrate improves if we play more pots in position right?

This is a complete non-argument. It's like saying:
"Sitting with a 70vpip player is -EV because we could just open a table with an 80vpip player."
If I was one tabling and I had the choice between a table with a 70vpip on my left and a 70vpip on my right I would choose the 2nd table. This does not mean the first table is -EV!! Both tables are hugely profitable!!

In practise most of us multi-table, saying to the OP you should leave the table without having this theoretical great table, (assuming all other tables open have a 70vpip player to are right as well) but to go look for a table with a nit to our left is one of the most absurd arguments I've ever had. Unless all 8 of my tables had 70vpips to my right bar one and another table came up with one to my right only then would I switch yet it has never happened in the entire 750K hands and 5years I have played poker!

How is this a non argument? This goes back to my earlier reply, not gonna type it all out again.

Saying to the OP that these great tables don't exist is obv a lie, in fact a lot of them at the micros have them in abundance. No-one said we were looking for a nit to our left, just that.. **** it.

750k in 5 years isn't much to be proud of either, dunno if thats a badly disguised brag or not..

Seriously, this! You raise medium strength value hands, drop hands that require FE to become +EV such as suited connectors. When you hit you bet, bet, bet. They call with a lot worse, they rarely raise, when they do they obviously have the nuts so you fold. Easy game.

I do like this as a way to adjust, but this is only really needed if we have the inability to move. If we can't then naturally this is the route I would take.

Wall of text over.. I think I'm done now.

dwbrown7680

dwbrown7680

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are the UTG's stats? I like to 3b a hand like this on the button as you'll take it down alot and see where you stand with UTG. If he's a tighter, more solid player then calling and letting the fish come in is perfectly fine. As played def fold the turn, not a lot wrong with this hand.

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
750k in 5 years isn't much to be proud of either, dunno if thats a badly disguised brag or not..

It isn't I've been at university for 4 of those years but I don't really see how slagging off my lack of hands is at all relevant. I've came here to discuss poker not snipe at people for any personal information I can get hold of. This is a hand analysis discussion thread. If someone disagrees with you don't take it personally.

No-one said we were looking for a nit to our left

yeah I'd rather have a nit to my left, because it means I can widen my range and play a lot more pots IP.

Deco

Deco

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
-EV I don't think is the best choice of words, but the point does still stand tbh.

You know this is what I'm arguing against right and what you essentially quoted me on originally. The argument you were originally defending and the one you are producing are very different. There are two arguments in this thread:

We should move table because we are guaranteed to find a better one
A table with a 70vpip on your right is better than a table with a 70vpip on your left I have at no point said otherwise. Personally I don't believe the micros have gone back to the golden days were we can open 10tables not only with 70vpips but actually close tables with 70vpips to our left and find new ones. I don't play the micros but it weren't this loose back when I did and the people I know who still do claim even 10NL is a nit fest. So this descends down to how soft the tables are. People reading this thread can be the judge of whether they can fill 10 tables full of 50-70vpip players to their right.

Playing 70vpip players OOP loses us money, move table immediately
Saying playing a 70vpip is -EV/unprofitable if they are to your left is absurdly wrong. I've covered this in all my previous posts.

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It isn't I've been at university for 4 of those years but I don't really see how slagging off my lack of hands is at all relevant. I've came here to discuss poker not snipe at people for any personal information I can get hold of. This is a hand analysis discussion thread. If someone disagrees with you don't take it personally.

I'm not slagging you off, just wondering why you brought this up at all since its a discussion about something completely different. I'm not sniping, I haven't got a problem with you really.. if you disagree you disagree.

and I said I'd rather have a nit to my left, not saying we look for one.. if we have one then we can widen our range.. like I said.

more like this.

you can't play optimally with a station to your left, as dooydoo said we can't steal, iso or do much except value bet.

if we can't steal and make profit from our non showdown winnings at this table due to the 70/10 then we have to sit around and nut peddle, which won't happen often enough to make staying profitable imo.

this is my first post, I never mentioned -ev, at all..

I'm so done. We're clearly not gonna agree, so whatever.. leave it.

B

BlueNowhere

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is my first post, I never mentioned -ev, at all..

I'm so done. We're clearly not gonna agree, so whatever.. leave it.

I think he's getting you muddled up with dooydoo. I was doing the same and I thought it was very odd someone who I thought came across as a decent player would say that (I was playing so couldn't be bothered replying so I just read).

You didn't help yourself by saying
, that's what made me get you and dooydoo muddled up.

1luckysob

1luckysob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A 70vpip directly to my left is -ev.

At the risk of sounding stupid...

Its obvious from the context what type of player a 70vpip is, but what does 70vpip stand for?

dwbrown7680

dwbrown7680

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the risk of sounding stupid...

Its obvious from the context what type of player a 70vpip is, but what does 70vpip stand for?

vpip= voluntarily put money in the pot. Ergo this means he's playing 70% of his hands and is probably a huge fish. You def want to play with people like this, and would prefer them to be on your right but in the end it doesn't matter as long as he's at your table.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah right, left or in the middle, if you have a 70+ vpip player at your table it's never -EV and you'd better not be leaving the table any time soon if you like money. Certainly we could make MORE money if he were on our right but we still stand to make a ton of cash just value towning the shit out of him. Just because he won't be ch/calling doesn't mean he won't still be calling.

This argument is almost as silly as the you can't beat a table full of horrible players nonsense. Just stop it. Arguing that you can't beat a horrible player regardless of their relative position just makes you look bad.