Hero (MP2): $25.47 (101.9 bb)
MP3: $8.44 (33.8 bb)
CO: $30.97 (123.9 bb)
BTN: $13.87 (55.5 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is MP2 with A
club4.gif
Q
diamond4.gif

MP1 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, MP3 folds, CO calls $0.75, BTN calls $0.75, 2 folds

Flop: ($2.60) A
spade4.gif
T
heart4.gif
spade4.gif
(3 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $2, BTN folds, Hero raises to $5, CO calls $3

I checked here, because I didnt feel it was a drawey board but looking back here, I should have bet.

Turn: ($12.60) 2
spade4.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $5, CO raises to $15, Hero ???

My experience at these stakes is that these guys dont bet without the goods. Yeah the guy is very spewey, but a flush card is scary, 2 pair combos with aces is a possibility here, sets, I feel Im behind here most of the time.

What do you guys think? Im pretty sure I shouldnt have checked the flop here.

Thanks

Results: $22.60 pot ($1.13 rake)
Final Board: A
spade4.gif
T
heart4.gif
spade4.gif
spade4.gif

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We have to cbet here imo. c/r means instead of playing against a wide Ax,FDs,random junk ect range we narrow it down to alot stronger hands and give him a chance to fold his junk.

Dont like your bet sizing either,too small on both flop and turn imo, IF i bet the turn i bet bigger.
as played i fold to the raise, we over repped our hand and villain isnt backing down so i just give up.

R

RAFC24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We have to cbet here imo. c/r means instead of playing against a wide Ax,FDs,random junk ect range we narrow it down to alot stronger hands and give him a chance to fold his junk.

Thanks sindri...but im not exactly sure what you mean with this comment?? Do you mean, he will only follow with his strong hands when faced with a check raise as opposed to following with a lot more junk behind a cbet?

Thanks

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not saying he will only continue with good hands faced with a c/r just that the hands he continues with are usualy better then thouse that call a cbet.

Basicly when we cbet we can expect him to call all Ax,some Tx,FDs and randomd floats, when we c/r we give him a chance to give up all his Tx and random floats which is obvs not good for us.

If we had some specific read that he spazzed vs small c/r or something then i like this line but since we just have 10hands that seem to suggest he is bad i rather just bet/bet/bet and value own his A7 or w/e.

Makwa

Makwa

Undesirable Predator
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have bet near pot on flop to discourage fl chasers, but the way this hand went, I get the sense villain had the fl draw, or top 2 pr or even a set (10s)... had u bet pot and he raised, you would have to consider folding. He is betting and raising all the way, so yr top pair looks like trouble, even if u had AK it would be a tough one...

So what happened?

C

Chiptrix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You really don't have much info on this guy, but after C/R (which was a really small cr) the flop, it's any easy turn fold when you're raised. Think about it this way... you displayed a lot of strength on the flop, and then bet the turn when the flush came and got raised. Easy fold.

You should lead the flop against these kinds of opponents though because you don't have enough info to know he's going to bet / bluff and you want to get value from draws and worse hands.

R

RAFC24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks guys...I ended up folding btw.

R

RAFC24

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should lead the flop against these kinds of opponents though because you don't have enough info to know he's going to bet / bluff and you want to get value from draws and worse hands.

Yeah...it was a pretty drawey flop and with only a pair its too risky to let him see a free card.