MP2 ($19.15)
MP3 ($17.10)
CO ($20.62)
Button (Villan) ($24.30)
SB ($4.75)
Hero ($28.25)
UTG ($23.90)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9s, 9d.
6 folds, Button (Villan) raises to $0.75, 1 fold, Hero raises to $2.6, Button (Villan) calls $1.85.

Flop: ($5.30) Tc, 6h, 6c (2 players)
Hero bets $4, Villan calls $4.

Turn: ($13.30) 8s (2 players)
Hero bets $6, Villan bets $17.7 (All-In), Hero ??

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you have a fold to 3bet%? He obviously steals w a large range, but what does he call a 3bet with?

On the flop, he'll call w a flush draw, overpairs, and Tx (incl TT), maybe just to float as well some % of the time w AQ. We've now got $6.60 of effective stacks in the pot.

Any turn bet we make is virtually going to commit us to calling a shove, this bet gets 50% of effective stacks in the pot. Going from a 70% flop bet size to less than 50% on the turn looks weak though (if we're betting the turn, I'd rather make it $8+), imo kind of invites a shove from his whole range from a 7 AF.

As played, I think I call the shove w likely 6 outs (7c may be dirty) because 50% is already in, but I prefer ch/call the turn up to 2/3 psb, all in on any river 7 or 9, and ch/fold any other river.

M

Mamushi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no fold to 3-bet stat, if that affects your decision at all. Thanks for the reply!

StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am probably too cautious but I hyper aggressive players do get a good hand from time to time and when they do hit they get paid well due to their style at the table. If he is such a loose hyper aggressive player I could definitely put him on a 6 or T. Maybe he just re-raised to steal or because he knew you had something good and would pay him off. I don't think I would be willing be go all in to find out. Better to wait until you know you are definitely way ahead.

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think I would be willing be go all in to find out.

Incidentally, I don't necessarily disagree w this... The only reason I think I call is because of the proportion of our stack already in the pot.

M

Mamushi

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, he showed up with Qc9c. I thought I might have part of his draw blocked with the two nines. Anyways, I was further behind than I thought I was when I called. After I showed weakness with that mistake sized bet I figured he was attacking. Thanks guys.

pedroman7

pedroman7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, he showed up with Qc9c. I thought I might have part of his draw blocked with the two nines. Anyways, I was further behind than I thought I was when I called. After I showed weakness with that mistake sized bet I figured he was attacking. Thanks guys.

You are a fav on the turn not by a lot but still ahead.