$25 NLHE Full Ring: Flopped Flush, folded a river shove, What do you think?

B

basellne23

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
$25 NLHE Full Ring: Flopped Flush- What do you think?

Yatahay Network - $0.25 NL - Holdem - 8 players

MP: 221.76 BB
MP+1: 100 BB
CO: 118.2 BB
BTN: 103.68 BB
SB: 34.56 BB
Hero (BB): 91.28 BB
UTG: 113.76 BB
UTG+1: 97.68 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has 6d 8d
fold, fold, fold, MP+1 raises to 2.68 BB, fold, BTN calls 2.68 BB, fold, Hero calls 1.68 BB

Flop : (8.44 BB, 3 players) 2d Jd 9d
Hero checks, MP+1 bets 4.8 BB, fold, Hero raises to 12.88 BB, MP+1 calls 8.08 BB

Turn : (34.2 BB, 2 players) Jh
Hero bets 17.08 BB, MP+1 calls 17.08 BB

River : (68.36 BB, 2 players) 9h
Hero checks, MP+1 bets 67.36 BB and is all-in, fold

MP+1 wins 64.96 BB

Last edited:
S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolutely horrible turn and river, and I think your fold, though painful, was the right play.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like, how you played this hand on all streets. On the river he could obviously be bluffing you with for instance the naked Ad, but its certainly also plausible, that he can have a J or maybe a 9 in his hand, and you are facing a pot sized bet. So yeah I probably also hate life and give it up here most of the time.

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well played, nothing you could do with this run out, just bad board for you by the end

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Discipline in poker is not in fact easy , that fold had to be the hardest. Played every street that I would've too. I think the fold was correct

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are definitely different thoughts for these types of hands. We are OOP and I find it opportune to raise these types of spaced connectors, but on a long table the call makes sense since our opponent is MP+1 and the ranges tend to be narrower. Anyway 6-8s is a pretty weak fairness compared to the diversity of combinations that a villain from MP+1 could use for his opening. I prefer a flattening from 6-Ts; 7-Ts; +, since we can interfere in a heavier structure, like a main straight. With 6-8s we interfere only in the lower and middle part of a range that has more preponderance towards the higher values, especially in the middle position of a long table.
On the flop it is reasonable to raise by value, you are well ahead of your opponent's range and we are also protecting our hand.
The turn is a street that has a proportional impact on both ranges (this situation has the highest probability of being true, because we have kept our opponent's opening range intact preflop). Therefore I find the polarization opportune here, an overbet still allows the extraction of high and medium values ​​that the villain could be opened from preflop. Low values ​​at this point will be removed from range V. (6-6; 5-5; etc.)
As played on the turn, a half pot bet is a pure value representation. This type of size will cause many middle hands of value to leave this place and only carry on those that have enough strength to destroy us (JX combos and better combos of flush than ours). So the river seeme like a correct fold, considering the whole sequence. In these types of places polarization works best when we try to deceive the villain. If we bet bigger on the turn we could make a more profitable push on the river, because in that case our perceived range would be wider. But I'm in favor of folding these types of too lows hands rather than calling preflop being OOP.
Greetings.

B

basellne23

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
appreciate everyones insight! I feel alot better about this fold.

Full Flush Poker Folding in Poker