GunslingerZ

GunslingerZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
$25 NL HE Full Ring: Basic preflop Q: AQ 3-bet by LAG

Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 21/18/2

Stats on villain were over 80 hands. He has a 3-bet of 20%. Out of 3 steal attempts on his blinds, he folded once and 3-bet twice. He has c-bet 75% of the time, including one 3-bet pot.

OOP, I usually fold AQ to a 3-bet, depending on the situation. Here, is it worth flatting in position against a very aggressive opponent? I have almost no experience 4-betting against full stacks w/ AQ, is this a good spot? If I do 4-bet here, then (a) how much, (b) what do I do if he flats and I whiff the flop, (c) what do I do if he 5-bets (or shoves)?

Full Tilt, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

MP2: $62.93 (251.7 bb)
MP3: $24.75 (99 bb)
Hero (CO): $29.65 (118.6 bb)
BTN: $48.60 (194.4 bb)
SB: $14.34 (57.4 bb)
BB: $25 (100 bb)
UTG+1: $26.16 (104.6 bb)
UTG+2: $26.56 (106.2 bb)
MP1: $4.40 (17.6 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is CO with Q
diamond.gif
A
diamond.gif

5 folds, Hero raises to $1, 2 folds, BB raises to $3.10, Hero ???

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I certainly at least call and with a 3-bet% that high I don't hate 4-betting (~$12) and calling a shove. If you 4-bet and he flats the flop is basically irrelevant. You can't fold with 50% of your stack committed.

Richyl2008

Richyl2008

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With the AQs I think I like just calling in position. If he's 3betting a wide range and you think he's just going to blindly fire any flop, you should be able to shove over his cbet a lot profitably. You don't need a lot to do it, maybe like 2 overs+bdfd, gutshots, any pair. Once he puts out that cbet he's leaving a lot of dead money out there, where the majority of his range will probably not be able to continue. Lots of times hell invest like 28bb's and have to fold to your shove, or even sometimes folding the best hand, say if he has 1010 and the flop comes KJx or something.

silverslugger33

silverslugger33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like raising here. I'm not saying that just because of his LAG image, but it will gain you money in most situations. There are 3 basic possible situations:

1) You have him crushed- Pretty basic in this situation. He has a weaker ace or KQ The raise helps because you are getting more money in with the best hand, and if you take down the pot here, then that's fine, since there's a fair amount of dead money there as is.

2) He has you crushed- He has QQ, KK, AA, or AK. In this situation, aside from if he has AK, raising is probably going to save you some money in the long term because of the information you'll gain. If you just call, you have no idea what to do, because he could still have a really wide range of hands, so if you hit top pair on the flop you could be in some major trouble. If you raise and he goes back over the top, then you can get away from it. The only hand in his range that's beating you where he likely doesn't take you all in is AK.

3) It's a coinflip- Meaning he either has pocket Js or lower or he also has AQ. This is the trickiest situation of them all. If he has a pocket pair lower than about 8, he'll almost certainly fold, but the rest of the coin flips could call here. Because of his LAG image, you have to be strong on this flop. If you flop a monster, slow playing is a good idea. However, if you miss, you can't fold to a bet that he throws out unless you're very confident that it hit him. Don't be afraid to raise with air, because if you are, a LAG player will run you over.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like raising here. I'm not saying that just because of his LAG image, but it will gain you money in most situations. There are 3 basic possible situations:

1) You have him crushed- Pretty basic in this situation. He has a weaker ace or KQ The raise helps because you are getting more money in with the best hand, and if you take down the pot here, then that's fine, since there's a fair amount of dead money there as is.

2) He has you crushed- He has QQ, KK, AA, or AK. In this situation, aside from if he has AK, raising is probably going to save you some money in the long term because of the information you'll gain. If you just call, you have no idea what to do, because he could still have a really wide range of hands, so if you hit top pair on the flop you could be in some major trouble. If you raise and he goes back over the top, then you can get away from it. The only hand in his range that's beating you where he likely doesn't take you all in is AK.

3) It's a coinflip- Meaning he either has pocket Js or lower or he also has AQ. This is the trickiest situation of them all. If he has a pocket pair lower than about 8, he'll almost certainly fold, but the rest of the coin flips could call here. Because of his LAG image, you have to be strong on this flop. If you flop a monster, slow playing is a good idea. However, if you miss, you can't fold to a bet that he throws out unless you're very confident that it hit him. Don't be afraid to raise with air, because if you are, a LAG player will run you over.

2) We cant 4bet/fold here ever imo. we raise to 12$ villain shoves there is 37$+ in the pot and where beeing asked to put in 13$. Even if he only shoves JJ+AKo+ we are still priced in.

I flat in postion here and let him c-bet the flop.

B

bfw0082

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wouldnt reraise here, simply because if he is holding AA or KK, maybe QQ, then he will shove all in and we are now just hoping on a draw.
I think the pot is where you want it, $3 isnt a monster bet and easy to get away from, no need complicating this hand more than it is already.

I would call here and see a flop, way too many outs with the ace high nut flush draw, straight draw possibilities.

Totally miss the flop, maybe throw out a feeler to see where your opponent is in the hand and how aggressive he wants to play it,

depending on the opponents reaction I would either fold, or play what hits the turn, try to figure out what hands I can make and determine the strength of AQ vs a wide range of hands.