$25 NLHE 6-max: What are we doing OTF? (Acceptable 3x barrel?)

loafaBREAD

loafaBREAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
In reviewing this hand, I think we can go bigger- like 2/3 + - on the flop as we have a huge range advantage here.

(Table was about to close, so yes we are 3 handed)

I'm having trouble finding triple barrels. We block some AK that he may sometimes flat, but the T blocks TT which should be finding a river fold. Thoughts? I think we should have given up on the turn with this combo (unless we hit a heart).

What would be a better triple? It's hard to find value here as well as I don't always want to blast AK/AQ OTF.

Let me know your thoughts!

Yatahay Network - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 3 players

BTN: 101.56 BB
Hero (SB): 108.12 BB
BB: 113.84 BB

Hero posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has K T

BTN raises to 2.48 BB, Hero raises to 11 BB, fold, BTN calls 8.52 BB

Flop: (23 BB, 2 players) 5 2 7
Hero bets 10.92 BB, BTN calls 10.92 BB

Turn: (44.84 BB, 2 players) A
Hero bets 24.48 BB, BTN calls 24.48 BB

River: (93.8 BB, 2 players) Q
Hero bets 61.72 BB and is all-in, BTN calls 55.16 BB and is all-in

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hero basically tried to run a complete post oak 3 street bluff and got called down. I can see the 3-bet preflop and maybe the C-bet on the flop, but what made Hero believe he could get Villain to fold?

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont mind this line or the sizing used. Ideally we want to have some equity, when we are bluffing, but on the turn we dont have enough draws to create a balanced range, if we are only continuing with draws. The A is also a very good card for our range, so it looks like, we just ran into the top of his range, of we were trying to bluff a calling station. In the latter case we can save the river jam and just give up.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
On the flop you don't have a huge range advantage. I put SB 3bet and BTN call 3bet ranges in power equilab. SB has 53% vs BTN's 47%. Also, SB doesn't have nuts advantage, because SB has very small pocket pairs, but BTN calls all small pocket pairs. Basically, you can't range bet here. You can bet large though, your overpairs like 99-TT-JJ want to bet big, but not with whole range. As for bluffs, you have ton of double backdoors and gutshots. A3s, A4s, A6s, A8s, 98s, T9s and small pairs. Thats enough bluffs and you don't need to bet with pure air. So, just check-fold on the flop with KTs.

As played, on the turn some of your hands picked up additional flush draws and you also have your straight draws and small pairs. You have a lot of bluffs and you should just give up with your pure air.

As played, on the river. This is interesting. When you bluff on the river, you want to block hands that will call and unblock hands that will fold. I think that when you shove this river, good villain will fold AT and will call AK or better. Thus, you want to bluff with K and not bluff with T. But not having T is more important, because villain has less AK in his range, because he would often 4bet preflop and also often raise the turn for protection. So, the most important thing is to not bluff with T. When you bluff big with KT you are blocking the most important hand that will fold: AT. So, in short, terrible bluff.

However, there is an interesting thing you can do. Because villain has so many missed flush draws, you can bet very small and villain still forced to fold his missed flush draws and if he is passive he might have plenty of those. In this scenario having T is actually good, because you are blocking his calling hand AT. So, the best thing to do here on the river is to bet 20bb and fold to raise.

Also, note, that I kinda assumed that villain call the flop with AT, which is not always true. It's super villain dependant as some villains will fold all Ax hands on the flop and others will call most Ax hand with backdoors. Pay attention to their tendencies. Regardless, you played all streets terribly and probably won't understand half of what I wrote.

L

Lucky_Shark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would play preflop the same way. but the flop would bet 1/3 and turn 50% of the pot and the river would give up.