Easy fold here. Not too much to consider

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hookoodoo,

The reason I called is because he was a British reg. the shove makes no sense value wise. What hands jam there. I just think his range is so bluff heavy, thinking he can blow me off my entire range, which like I said he can. The way he played the hand was fantastic but I honestly think a call is solid.

Maybe it's because of the type of player I am, I run bluffs like this and typically British regs are very capable thinking players. I know hes massively capable of it because it's a similar play to what I make regularly. Players at this limit won't call a jam like that without the nuts.

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hookoodoo,

The reason I called is because he was a British reg. the shove makes no sense value wise. What hands jam there. I just think his range is so bluff heavy, thinking he can blow me off my entire range, which like I said he can. The way he played the hand was fantastic but I honestly think a call is solid.

Maybe it's because of the type of player I am, I run bluffs like this and typically British regs are very capable thinking players. I know hes massively capable of it because it's a similar play to what I make regularly. Players at this limit won't call a jam like that without the nuts.
While I'm sure you meant this thread as a little bit of a brag (who wouldn't), just keep in mind the result makes your thinking on the turn & river look pretty stupid. If you're barreling overs, and he's not folding 3rd pair, you clearly have no credibility on this board.

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
While I'm sure you meant this thread as a little bit of a brag (who wouldn't), just keep in mind the result makes your thinking on the turn & river look pretty stupid. If you're barreling overs, and he's not folding 3rd pair, you clearly have no credibility on this board.

No I didn't actually, I mostly post hands where I'm beat. Just because I called and was right this time, obviously doesn't mean it was the correct call.

You can't say that it makes me look stupid, it's really not that clear cut. It's common for regs at this level in zoom to flat two streets with a hand like that and then give up to a final barrel. I'm betting the turn because he floats very often on the flop and I can fold out a bunch of air hands and those smaller pairs can fold to a river bet if an overcard comes. Most of the time they would, instead of turning their hand into a spectacular bluff like that.

I agreed before that in a vacuum, barreling the turn isn't great. However, if we have a plan for the river and given the amount that he will be floating us on the flop, I don't think it's as bad as you say. You say I have 'no credibility', come the river that is obviously not true or else he would flat me.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have folded expecting him to role over J9 of spades which I might have played like this to get max value from the overpair you have represented throughout the hand. The shove is I think the giveaway, in the long run if the villain has a made hand a modest raise on the river probably wins more than shoving and only getting the odd call from the top of your range. It was a good bluff attempt I've not seen many at 25nl capable of bluff raising the river. Whenever I try it with something like 3rd pair I also usually get called, It seems to be increasingly difficult to get people to fold even with the 3rd barrel.
Another excellent read in the circumstances, you are are fine player and I'm not looking forward to butting heads with you now you are at 25nl.

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would have folded expecting him to role over J9 of spades which I might have played like this to get max value from the overpair you have represented throughout the hand. The shove is I think the giveaway, in the long run if the villain has a made hand a modest raise on the river probably wins more than shoving and only getting the odd call from the top of your range. It was a good bluff attempt I've not seen many at 25nl capable of bluff raising the river. Whenever I try it with something like 3rd pair I also usually get called, It seems to be increasingly difficult to get people to fold even with the 3rd barrel.
Another excellent read in the circumstances, you are are fine player and I'm not looking forward to butting heads with you now you are at 25nl.

Thanks fig, that's very kind of you!

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i fold pretty comfortably, i don't think its that close, i don't see why 77 should be raising flop or turn tho?

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i fold pretty comfortably, i don't think its that close, i don't see why 77 should be raising flop or turn tho?

He didn't raise the flop or turn.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was referring to hoodookoo comment