$25 NLHE 6-max: Raise/fold river with full house correct?

S

Skaplun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this isn't a spot you should focus on, its an esoteric spot with that doesn't happen that often.
calling isn't a mistake, folding is paranoia.
focus on more common spots and see how you can improve/squeeze out more profit from them

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this isn't a spot you should focus on, its an esoteric spot with that doesn't happen that often.
calling isn't a mistake, folding is paranoia.
focus on more common spots and see how you can improve/squeeze out more profit from them
Yeah, you're right. Sorry everyone for bothering you with an interesting hand analysis thread. Let's stick to common spots and boilerplate responses.

Here's a few so you can just copy n paste them into other threads:-

Fold pre

Punish the limpers

Makes the hand easier to play

Standard

/thread

S

Skaplun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
do my eyes decieve me or do I detect a faint trace of sarcasm?
telling someone to fold a full house at 25nl without extensive knowledge of his villain (AGGF, betting frequency, knowing if he overvalues/undervalues his hands, how thin he vbets etc.) is irresponsible

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
do my eyes decieve me or do I detect a faint trace of sarcasm?
Moi ? :)
telling someone to fold a full house at 25nl without extensive knowledge of his villain (AGGF, betting frequency, knowing if he overvalues/undervalues his hands, how thin he vbets etc.) is irresponsible
I'm not telling anyone to do anything. I just thought it was an interesting spot. I called, and immediately thought, fking cooler. But after sessions I tend to look up my big winning, losing and marked hands, and it was only then that it struck me that this spot was perhaps interesting, and also perhaps not as much of an instacall fistpump as it first appeared.

S

Skaplun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you are not telling, you are asking. and I am saying it would be bad of anyone to comment on this esoteric spot with the info given.
also I'd rather not derail this thread with my brain farts but as a small suggestion to you I'd say:
1) stop looking at the large pots unless you grossly misplayed a hand at some point
2) look at all medium and under pots and see where you could've saved a bb or 2.
Once you start posting and discussing those spots you'll see an intsa 3ptBB spike to your winrate.

ljove

ljove

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You didn't bet on turn,why?
This is 6 handed game and you can raise from CO with lot of crap hands.He can easy put you on crap hand and raise river with flush.
If he is such a big nit how can he make a profit in 6-handed games if he waits to get nut hands to showe all in.
I think that you can't fold here.

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If he is such a big nit how can he make a profit in 6-handed games if he waits to get nut hands to showe all in.
Rakeback (on stars.fr esp) favours the nits, on top of which, the games are very loose there, so it's not an entirely unreasonable adjustment.

you are not telling, you are asking. and I am saying it would be bad of anyone to comment on this esoteric spot with the info given.
So now I was wrong for starting this thread with the info given, and everyone else was wrong for offering their opinions on it?

I'm outta this thread now, but I'm going to start another one called, should I 3bet pre with AA to BTN raise from the BB vs a loose calling station, and I expect you to respond ! :p

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
C'mon Cafeman you're better than this. You know this is the easiest call ever, and I haven't read every comment but you seem to be defensive about something in your latest posts. Even nits will do this with the nut flush. Our hand is not a bluff catcher either. Sometimes your rivered full house will get beat by quads or a higher rivered boat, but these times are too rare to worry about. So snap call and stop worrying about monsters under the bed.

Also, I play 20k hands/month at 10NL on Pacific, so I'm used to these reg nits aswell, this is still a trivial call

ben_rhyno

ben_rhyno

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol, you know you are anyways. Chalk it up to a cooler if you lost. You're still rolled so what's 1 buy in that you didn't and shouldn't have gotten away from

Cafeman

Cafeman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1) stop looking at the large pots unless you grossly misplayed a hand at some point
2) look at all medium and under pots and see where you could've saved a bb or 2.
Once you start posting and discussing those spots you'll see an intsa 3ptBB spike to your winrate.
Was this an edit, I didn't see it first time round? Hmmm, you may have just set me on a new path to enlightenment, thanks.

(no sarcasm here)

S

Skaplun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you and everyone else is welcome to talk to me on skype: Shai Kaplun.
I always enjoy talking about the game with anyone :)

Folding in Poker