$25 NLHE 6-max: KK facing raise and call on wet flop

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Okay np take what I say or don't its ur call.

heh 45seconds feels a long time to me but I guess it isn't for everyone.

and sometimes its not about pushing you off.. it's just about getting the stacks in. fish has draw and is happy perhaps?

S

ScottishMatt

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course BTN has no fold equity vs BB. That is precisely why he would call sets because shoving may still have fold equity vs you.

I'm going to plug this into a calc and see what I get.

OK so I gave BTN sets all broadway FDs and even QQ. I gave BB AA/QQ/JJ and AQh/AKh/AJh

You show up with 17% equity against these hands and that is as loose as I can give these guys without reads/history IMO.

Edit: that does go up to 23% if we discount AA from BB's range, not sure that it is correct to take that away though.

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
PokerStars - $0.25 NL (6 max) - SB was kind of fishy, about 25/10 under 20 hands and button was total nit 4/4 stats ~20 hands.

best chuckle today. SB kind of fishy..
you were the SB you big haddock.

I had a hand almost identical last night. I folded one had AJ and the other a flush draw. Mind you these were proper 10nl fish. But a fish is a fish. I don't have time to read it all at the mo.

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lol Fig, oops.

Matt, what calc are you using? I couldn't input only combos of Axh into my ranges since it was a multiway hand.

F

Foldemz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think I'd consider 6h Jc 3h a wet flop. I mean yeah, there's a heart draw. How many 4 5 hands would be in there?

I think a wet flop would be more like Ac Ah Jh or 10h Jh Qh

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think I'd consider 6h Jc 3h a wet flop. I mean yeah, there's a heart draw. How many 4 5 hands would be in there?

Yeh also agree its not wet

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

But its certainly not dry and the draws play a part in this hand so when im making a descriptive short title, im going to use the term wet unless you have a better term? Or are yiu just trying to get that post count up while contributing nothing of value to the hand?

bitowl

bitowl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
button was total nit 4/4 stats ~20 hands.

Button tank called ~45 seconds before calling flop raise.

20 hands is pretty meaningless. You just know he isn't a passive limping fish.

The tank cold call of a raise with player left to act seems more like he can't decide if he should jam or try to keep you in / keep BB bluffing. Not sure why you think he's capped, everyone slowplays everything.

I'd probably just make a nitty fold. Btn could have set mined given he closed the action and came along in the 3bet pot. I don't see him just flat calling a raise with a player left to act with a flush draw.

IPlay

IPlay

Bum hunts 25NL
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I realized that logic was flawed after posting hand.

I also agree with Matts calculation of me having ~19% equity so I should folded and I probably would of if I put sets into buttons range.

Results, I got lucky and ran into bottom of ranges and BB had QQ and button held Ah5h and I held up.