$25 NLHE 6-max: $HE 6-max: Do I fold the flop C-bet and move on w my life?

B

basellne23

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think my biggest error was calling his flop c-bet. Reviewing the hand I dont believe I have much equity with the King on the flop but decide to call to see what develpos with 25% potodds and the fact that I feel I could have been getting 4-bet light being co vs hj with some suited connectors that are on flush draws. Seeing him jam the turn to me rules out KK. I let it go but I think fold or raise would have been better on the flop. thoughts?

Yatahay Network - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

Hero (CO): 122.6 BB
BTN: 93.52 BB
SB: 72.44 BB
BB: 45.96 BB
UTG: 123.44 BB
MP: 134.56 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has Q Q

fold, MP raises to 3.4 BB, Hero raises to 9.52 BB, fold, fold, fold, MP raises to 19.72 BB, Hero calls 10.2 BB

Flop: (40.84 BB, 2 players) 7 3 K
MP bets 20.4 BB, Hero calls 20.4 BB

Turn: (81.64 BB, 2 players) 3
MP bets 94.44 BB and is all-in, fold

MP wins 77.56 BB

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As played, I agree, with the Kc on the board and Qc in our hand most flush draws are blocked so we are usually facing AK, QQ+ here. We can't beat any of those combos and there's only one combo of QQ available, that combo is also unlikely to jam turn. I'd need to have good reads on V to continue on this flop so I agree with your suggestion to fold. If we did have a read on a looser V who has a large enough 4 bet bluff range (more than just suited wheel Aces for example) and would barrel off and we thought we were good on the flop then probably calling it off on the turn if we called flop.

1player2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think my biggest error was calling his flop c-bet. Reviewing the hand I dont believe I have much equity with the King on the flop but decide to call to see what develpos with 25% potodds and the fact that I feel I could have been getting 4-bet light being co vs hj with some suited connectors that are on flush draws. Seeing him jam the turn to me rules out KK. I let it go but I think fold or raise would have been better on the flop. thoughts?

Yatahay Network - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

Hero (CO): 122.6 BB
BTN: 93.52 BB
SB: 72.44 BB
BB: 45.96 BB
UTG: 123.44 BB
MP: 134.56 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has Q Q

fold, MP raises to 3.4 BB, Hero raises to 9.52 BB, fold, fold, fold, MP raises to 19.72 BB, Hero calls 10.2 BB

Flop: (40.84 BB, 2 players) 7 3 K
MP bets 20.4 BB, Hero calls 20.4 BB

Turn: (81.64 BB, 2 players) 3
MP bets 94.44 BB and is all-in, fold

MP wins 77.56 BB

Hello,

Don't over analyze your play when it doesn't work out. You played well. I would call the c-bet just as you did. If you had some history and the opponent was a complete maniac I would consider calling his shove on the turn as well. Well played

B

basellne23

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks I really appreciate the insight of other players here

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This comes down to the villain a lot and how often they 4 bet. I wouldnt think that the villain has any range of 4 bet pre OOP and then check the flop. I think they are betting on the flop with 100% of their range here. That would at least make me consider calling the flop. Other stats would come into play too such as aggression and turn bet % if I had those stats when I am in your shoes. I think the call on the flop is okay, but we really cant face any more aggression unless we are willing to go all the way with it which is not a good move in my opinion. So we can fold the flop the more we think villain will continue to bet the turn even with hands we beat like JJ or 1010 (if thats even in their 4 bet range, I dont know) otherwise we have to just go with this. The thing, as I mentioned before, that gets me in these types of hands is that I know villain is betting here whether they are ahead or behind. The 4 bet puts us in a tough spot when we have a hand like QQ or JJ.

I would also like to point out here what are we doing where there are no over cards on the flop? Are we more willing to call down then? We are more likely to be going against AA or KK when neither of them flop compared to the flop that we have. I am asking this because if we are calling without an ace or king flopping but folding when a king flops then we are specifically scared of AK. Would the villain 4 bet AK here (not sure the answer on that just asking)? If we are going to fold either flop with A or K or neither than why even call pre? I think we have to call the flop if we are going to call pre flop. Since we are in position maybe villain checks turn ( I would doubt it but maybe) and then we can get to a river a see. All in all I dont think this is an easy spot because we cant be folding too much on the flop but we cant be calling down either going against a range that has some hands that have us beat.

I think in game, especially since I am nitty, I would be calling pre flop to basically set mine thinking that I am behind. With this flop I would fold but for the reasons I state above I dont love playing like that and it is exploitable.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At 25NL 6-max I would expect quite a bit of 4-betting, so maybe its fine to 5-bet jam QQ preflop. However if we just call and see a K high flop, I dont see much point in investing more. AK got there, so now we only beat some pure bluffs like AcXc or JJ turned into a bluff. In general if we have little chance of improving and will be unwilling to call further bets, its often best to get out early and cheap rather than paying off and then fold later. Might be somewhat exploitable but even at 25NL I would not be to worried about it. How often do we even play 4-bet pots. Almost certainly not often enough for someone to pick up reads and exploit us.

Folding in Poker