$25 NLHE 6-max: Could I get more $ from these hands?

K

Kroeska

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/6a1QJ5HA

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/9a1QIZQk

Hi all! Could you give me any advice about these hands?

First one with TT I should Cbet more on the flop I think? On the river, the only hands he could have, when he is calling (or raising), are JQ, 67, 88, 99, (AA should not in range). Of course I bet for value, but was it a easy jam? If he had not one of the hands, he fold anyway. Could he fold if I jam there?

Second one V aggresive player. I tried to trap him with the check on the turn. On the river, I should overbet I think? But in the hand, my thought was: high 3B ratio, higher range, more hands like QT,QJ with this bet I also can get a call from hands like these.

Any advice is welcome, thanks in advance.:)

Regards

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for sharing. Here are my thoughts.

1st hand: The problem with betting higher on the flop is that villain might raise you, which would put you in a bit of a tough spot with that board texture. Yes, you have top set, but it's a very draw heavy board. I think your sizing is fine here, especially since you got three streets of value from your opponent. So I'm less concerned about how much you got especially since you got paid off on a big river bet. As is, your bet sizing was fine.

You talk about a jam - are you talking about the river? If so, MAYBE he'd call you, but betting like you did probably got you maximum value.

Second Hand: I actually like the turn check here because it set you up to get paid on the river. You want your opponent to improve in that spot, and by you checking there, your opponent may be sensing weakness in which they will try to take advantage of on the river. That river card was not a good one to see because AQ is certainly in their range given their 3 bet pre, so it's good you won that hand. But, as you said, they were very aggressive, so their range is probably much wider, in which case, you could go ahead and get a second street of value from them.

Nice hands.

K

Kroeska

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for sharing. Here are my thoughts.

1st hand: The problem with betting higher on the flop is that villain might raise you, which would put you in a bit of a tough spot with that board texture. Yes, you have top set, but it's a very draw heavy board. I think your sizing is fine here, especially since you got three streets of value from your opponent. So I'm less concerned about how much you got especially since you got paid off on a big river bet. As is, your bet sizing was fine.

You talk about a jam - are you talking about the river? If so, MAYBE he'd call you, but betting like you did probably got you maximum value.

Second Hand: I actually like the turn check here because it set you up to get paid on the river. You want your opponent to improve in that spot, and by you checking there, your opponent may be sensing weakness in which they will try to take advantage of on the river. That river card was not a good one to see because AQ is certainly in their range given their 3 bet pre, so it's good you won that hand. But, as you said, they were very aggressive, so their range is probably much wider, in which case, you could go ahead and get a second street of value from them.

Nice hands.

Hi Shumkoolie, thanks a lot for your reply, I appreciate it and it helps :).

Do you think, with the second hand 77, I have some checks on the river as well? Aggro player like V in that hand, and maybe a lot more players (?) will bet for value on the river when I check, I can than check-raise there allin. But indeed, how much do I have to make sure the opponent doesn't have an AQ, or take it for granted if so, because V has a lot more hands that I can beat.

Thanks again. Have a nice day! Regards

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand 1 TT

Preflop
Standard open.

Flop
Top set on very connected board. It kind of sucks to have top set, because then you block top pair, so you are mainly trying to get paid by draws and the hands, you coolered, like 99, 88 and 98s. I think, your sizing is completely fine.

Turn
I am not sure, I love this almost pot sized bet. I think, it might generate a bit to many folds, and I would certainly not go any larger.

River
You filled up, which is of course great. All draws missed, so I think, there is an argument for checking to allow him to bluff or value own himself, and then of course check-jam. But if you are going to continue betting, I would pick a smaller sizing, since I expect, that a straight would mostly have been raised on the flop or turn. So unless you coolered him with a boat over boat, I expect most of his range to be rather weak like AJ or AQ. And if he has a boat, he is probably going to raise you, so it does not matter.

Hand 2 77

Preflop
Standard open. Depending on reads I might fold to the 3-bet or call. 77 is right there on the edge, where I can go both ways.

Flop
Totally on board with check-raising, like your size as well.

Turn
I would continue betting to make sure, I can get stacks inside on the river without overbetting. Pot is big already, so you can go small like 1/3 or even 1/4 pot. Give a price where he just cant fold his AA or KK.

River
This was actually a very bad card for you, because now you lose to AA and AQ, and maybe he can get away from KK. I dont think, he still has AK or AJ, because those hands were folded on the flop. I would go a little smaller here like half pot trying to get that crying call out of KK regardless, which might be possible, because you checked the turn. It would actually suck to get raised here, but you would probably have to make a womit-call.

K

Kroeska

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand 1 TT

Preflop
Standard open.

Flop
Top set on very connected board. It kind of sucks to have top set, because then you block top pair, so you are mainly trying to get paid by draws and the hands, you coolered, like 99, 88 and 98s. I think, your sizing is completely fine.

Turn
I am not sure, I love this almost pot sized bet. I think, it might generate a bit to many folds, and I would certainly not go any larger.

River
You filled up, which is of course great. All draws missed, so I think, there is an argument for checking to allow him to bluff or value own himself, and then of course check-jam. But if you are going to continue betting, I would pick a smaller sizing, since I expect, that a straight would mostly have been raised on the flop or turn. So unless you coolered him with a boat over boat, I expect most of his range to be rather weak like AJ or AQ. And if he has a boat, he is probably going to raise you, so it does not matter.

Hand 2 77

Preflop
Standard open. Depending on reads I might fold to the 3-bet or call. 77 is right there on the edge, where I can go both ways.

Flop
Totally on board with check-raising, like your size as well.

Turn
I would continue betting to make sure, I can get stacks inside on the river without overbetting. Pot is big already, so you can go small like 1/3 or even 1/4 pot. Give a price where he just cant fold his AA or KK.

River
This was actually a very bad card for you, because now you lose to AA and AQ, and maybe he can get away from KK. I dont think, he still has AK or AJ, because those hands were folded on the flop. I would go a little smaller here like half pot trying to get that crying call out of KK regardless, which might be possible, because you checked the turn. It would actually suck to get raised here, but you would probably have to make a womit-call.

Thanks a lot for your reply Fundriver, you are great! Have a nice day

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands