$25 NLHE 6-max: AQo SB v BU 3bet pot

loafaBREAD

loafaBREAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
I don't like the Jack on the turn- is that where we check? On the river I figured most V's are betting better, checking back worse, so I figured I should have bet there, but what size is appropriate? is AT really calling a jam?

V is relatively unknown, though in>100 hands he has a low F3B, and even one instance of 4betting 99.

River bet is never a bluff, of course, but I'm wondering how to play these spots. It;s easy with a good hand IP(for V)- if the board has an A or K and the 3 bettor barrels, you just call, call, call and it's on on the river without any raises on your part. 9Ts, 89s, A9s, K9s, AK, AQ, AJ, JJ all are in his range.

Turn check call, river check eval??

Hero (SB): 104.24 BB
BB: 67.56 BB
UTG: 137.64 BB
CO: 114.52 BB
BTN: 119.76 BB

Hero posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has A:heart: Q:club:

fold, fold, BTN raises to 3.4 BB, Hero raises to 13.2 BB, fold, BTN calls 9.8 BB

Flop: (27.4 BB, 2 players) 9:spade: 9:club: A:diamond:
Hero bets 8.84 BB, BTN calls 8.84 BB

Turn: (45.08 BB, 2 players) J:club:
Hero bets 13.24 BB, BTN calls 13.24 BB

River: (71.56 BB, 2 players) 4:heart:
Hero checks, BTN bets 84.48 BB and is all-in, fold

BTN wins 68 BB

Alex_Ogienko

Alex_Ogienko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not badly played. I don't see a big mistake in such a line. What will the river bet give us? Is it going to be a block bet? In my opinion, there are two options: either as it was played or go to check-call mode on the turn and river. And at allin on the river we fold. You can only call the river if we have notes for our opponent.

loafaBREAD

loafaBREAD

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
Not badly played. I don't see a big mistake in such a line. What will the river bet give us? Is it going to be a block bet? In my opinion, there are two options: either as it was played or go to check-call mode on the turn and river. And at allin on the river we fold. You can only call the river if we have notes for our opponent.

OK, thank you.

I think a turn x/c would be a slight improvement, as some weaker hands would stab there and give up on the river...

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The river is a brick that doesn't impact the ranges at all. In the eyes of V you never have the Ac, due to the small bet sizes you have made on the flop and turn. Possibly you represent a weak ace that could be defended with the protection of the J. Also combos of draws could be considered in your range, since you block QcKc and QcTc. They represent your dominated bluffs and for which the villain ends up neutralizing them with the river overbet.
All the V combos you mention total 25 combos. (It is better to remove AQ since it does not interfere because you block it).
If this villain doesn't have pure bluffs in his range, we can add 16 Axs combos suited in his range (where x is: 2; 3; 4; 5; 6; 7; 8; T. Because the opener is BTN.)
Total combos: 25 + 16 = 41
Semibluffs ratio: 16/41: 39%
If you call the river the pot is 240 BB - 5BB rake: 235BB. For which you need 36% equity for your call to be profitable.
Based on the above you meet the requirements to call, as the EV is slightly positive.
In this particular case, the river call makes more sense, due to the positions that are played. If the villain opens from another strong position like UTG, possibly the relationship of bluff vs value is reasonably lower.
Greetings.