$25 NLHE 6-max: 55 facing an all-in by a short stack

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I'd say he's probably shoving about the same (10-15%). At 10% (KQs,AJo+,ATs+,22+) we're losing a little. Add a few combos and we're doing OK.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Joebob those ranges are WAY too narrow.

JOEBOB69

JOEBOB69

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just don't see it being any wider,more than likely i'm wrong (wouldn't be the first time nor the last).
Edit:LMAO the 6 max player is telling the FR players there way to loose.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I'd say he's probably shoving about the same (10-15%). At 10% (KQs,AJo+,ATs+,22+) we're losing a little. Add a few combos and we're doing OK.
I would say add in KQ and AT and I agree to that range, If its as close as WV says and we are losing then I fold. I cant do the math on it with the dead money involved but will do it when I get hom.
In the vid series/book series by IrunLucky I "brought" he says if spots are really close, fold.

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just see these weird stack fish shoving super wide here even like any ace so even if its very close for this one specific guy, if you're always folding here you're burning money because the general field as such, for these players is going to easily be wider than AJ+ and pairs because many of these times it's a tilting fish. Its not like this retarded shorty is gonna see ATo here and think.. oh i cant shove here i will wait until my AT is suited.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would say add in KQ and AT and I agree to that range, If its as close as WV says and we are losing then I fold. I cant do the math on it with the dead money involved but will do it when I get hom.
In the vid series/book series by IrunLucky I "brought" he says if spots are really close, fold.
We have 44% equity if we add those os combos. We need 43%.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just see these weird stack fish shoving super wide here even like any ace so even if its very close for this one specific guy, if you're always folding here you're burning money because the general field as such, for these players is going to easily be wider than AJ+ and pairs because many of these times it's a tilting fish. Its not like this retarded shorty is gonna see ATo here and think.. oh i cant shove here i will wait until my AT is suited.
we dont all run like jesus

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Attachments

• Jesusdisagrees.jpg
    Jesusdisagrees.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 17
nabmom

nabmom

Community Guide
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Edit : reason for me assuming he is a fish waiting on a hand is....If he was " cough cough pro ss" he wouldn't be unknown because we def would have hands on him.

I've just started dabbling at 25NL recently so most of these players are unknown unless they are regs from the 10NL games I play more often.

My question: If we assume he'll only shove with top of his range (and can we assume anything else with a player that we don't have many hands on and we know isn't a maniac?) then I'll be pretty much behind every time.

Looks like nobody seems to think that this kind of move is being done with only the top of his range.

I think his range is going to be something like this: 33+,A9s+,KTs+,QJs,AJo+,KQo
which is about 13% of hands. That gives me 43% equity. Wouldn't that be -ev over time?

I call, it can't be terrible. He's more likely to shove AQ than 66, for example.

Just to fill in some info (which is now in my notes on this player if I ever see him again). He shoved with 66. Luckily I caught a 5 on the turn. I'm still thinking that it wasn't the smartest call on my part.

acky100

acky100

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Trust me, doesnt matter that he had 66 this time. Calling was a good play. who cares when you lose a little stack, you gotta gamble with the bad players if you want to have an edge on the other guys at your table. An edge is an edge.