$25 NLHE 6-max: 3bet pot - is 2 pair any good on this board?

JimmyBrizzy

JimmyBrizzy

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Villian Stats (VPIP/PFR/AF): 49/22/3

Villain is a fish, stats are over 75 hands, so not a lot but it's apparent that's he's not great. Pretty aggressive and attempted to steal 7/16 of the pots when he's on button/SB preflop.

I'm pretty confident calling his 2 rounds, but the queen on the river makes me wonder what could he really 3 barrel here that I beat other than a bluff? Maybe AK, KJ... AQ? I block a lot of those combos, but to call I only need to be right about 30-35% of the time here, so maybe calling isn't all that bad. Obviously roast me on any other errors you see during the hand.

Thanks everyone!
PokerStars - $0.30 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: 169.97 BB
BTN: 99.17 BB
SB: 108.13 BB
Hero (BB): 181.5 BB
UTG: 80.73 BB
MP: 105.2 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q K

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to 3 BB, Hero raises to 9 BB, SB calls 6 BB

Flop: (18 BB, 2 players) T T K
SB bets 8.53 BB, Hero calls 8.53 BB

Turn: (35.07 BB, 2 players) 8
SB bets 16.63 BB, Hero calls 16.63 BB

River: (68.33 BB, 2 players) Q
SB bets 73.97 BB and is all-in, Hero....

C

crazycitizen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hioo,
A complicated spot!
This is how I like to simplify such situations:
A bad player makes bad moves.
A shove on the river with a bluff would be a very good move.
A bad player cannot make a very good move and thus he is not bluffing.
Don't get me wrong, An aggressive fish can do the same shove with K5 sometimes, even AQ for some bizarre reason.
But more often than not, it looks like a simple value shove by villain.

Personally I like a click-back on flop or turn so I have more of an idea of what's going on.

That's my perspective, hope it helps :)

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My personal preference here is to flat pre flop. I know that might be bad but my thinking behind is we are going against someone who plays almost 50% of hands and therefore does not fold much before the flop hits. Given that it is blind vs blind I believe whatever the villain raised with pre flop they are also calling our 3 bet. That might be good for us since we are probably ahead of their range but I like calling here and then dictating the size of the pot post flop instead of pre flop. I am saying that by calling pre, I can make the pot large post flop when I want to and also pot control or fold more easily when I want to. Just my style usually to pot control most pots unless I want to play a big pot. In this spot where I know the villain isnt folding to my 3 bet I would rather call and make it large post when I want to. Again, not saying that is correct but that is what I think when I see hands like this against an opponent like this.

As far as post flop play is concerned I think you played well on the flop and turn to keep their bluffs in (you said they were aggro so I am guessing they have quite a few bluffs here). Villain led into us after we raised the flop. That happens a lot when villain has top pair type hands. I dont think villain should ever be leading there but that is another matter. I would be thinking after they lead into me that they dont have a 10. I am tempted to raise the turn to dictate river play here but in game I am not sure whether I would call or do a small raise. I have no problem with either although I dont love the second club coming up. Villains range here is still quite wide here but I would think they have some piece of the board, some pocket pair, or some draw. The river card actually changes little in my opinion as are KQ was either beating his Kx or pocket pair anyway and we are still losing to 10x if they actually have that. Add in some straight possibilities they have now as well. Villain possibly (but still discounting it) could have 10x here as their range going to the flop was wide and they could have nailed a straight too but if I thought I was ahead on the turn I would think I still am on the river. Given my thinking is they rarely have a 10 if they lead into us on the flop I am leaning towards a call here on the river.