$25 NLHE 6-max: 25 NL 6-Max: Turning Bluff Catcher into Bluff? (Line Check)

KardKlub

KardKlub

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK, what's our reasoning for 3-betting 99 OOP rather than IP,

Because you feel butt ^%&$** when a AJKQT flops and you just don't know where your at when your cbet fails.

You can also narrow villians calling range down more in a 3 bet pot if called so it makes it slightly eaiser to take the pot down oop.

But finally you won't make that much money with 99 oop anyway so why not win the original raise which has less risk involved and you have a semi decent hand when called to do above

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
mmm, vs. a LP aggressive raiser we gain a lot of equity by calling OOP with hands like AQs/99. But if he never folds to 3-bets then we can 3-bet them for value.

just in general, vs. this type of player (albeit, no stats/limited reads) I hate to flat anything on the button unless it's something like JTs or 22 or AA for deception.

U

Ubercroz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So you're just constantly 3betting unknown aggressive players on the button?

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think we've hijacked/tortured this thread enough but i think part of the problem goes back to OP's description: it seems we have very limited reads on villain (45 hands, "aggressive") but we have enough to flat pre and call down 2 streets here? but a lot depends on if he's a 32/28 aggressive type who steals 40% from LP or if he's a 12/10 type, and, perhaps more importantly, how often the blinds like to squeeze. this type of action: "aggressive" CO open and button flat looks extremely weak, we're going to get squeezed a shitton.

fwiw as I said and I think we all agree, shoving the river is pretty good but do 25 NLers really B/F enough?