(MP): $25.78 (103 bb)
Villain (MP+1): $27.01 (108 bb)
(LP): $33.24 (133 bb)
Hero (CO): $25.51 (102 bb)
(BU): $31.86 (127 bb)
(SB): $16.55 (66 bb)
(BB): $25.13 (101 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with J K
3 players fold, Villain(MP+1) raises to $0.62, 1 fold, Hero (CO) 3-bets to $1.90, 3 players fold, Villain (MP+1) calls $1.28

Flop: ($4.15) 8 6 6 (2 players)
Villain (MP+1) checks, Hero (CO) bets $2.10, Villain (MP+1) calls $2.10

Turn: ($8.35) T (2 players)
Villain (MP+1) checks, Hero (CO) bets $5.50, scostma (MP+1) calls $5.50

River: ($19.35) 2 (2 players)
Villain (MP+1) checks, Hero?

Let me know your thoughts, is this an all-in or check give up! Any comments on previous streets welcome too, though I think they are fairly standard.

I had very few hands on the villain, my read was he was a typical reg.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
oops forgot to put a title!!

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
PokerStars, Hold'em No Limit - $0.10/$0.25 - 9 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

(UTG): $68.35 (273 bb)
(UTG+1): $25.35 (101 bb)
(MP): $25.78 (103 bb)
Villain (MP+1): $27.01 (108 bb)
(LP): $33.24 (133 bb)
Hero (CO): $25.51 (102 bb)
(BU): $31.86 (127 bb)
(SB): $16.55 (66 bb)
(BB): $25.13 (101 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.35) Hero is CO with J K
3 players fold, Villain(MP+1) raises to $0.62, 1 fold, Hero (CO) 3-bets to $1.90, 3 players fold, Villain (MP+1) calls $1.28

Flop: ($4.15) 8 6 6 (2 players)
Villain (MP+1) checks, Hero (CO) bets $2.10, Villain (MP+1) calls $2.10

Turn: ($8.35) T (2 players)
Villain (MP+1) checks, Hero (CO) bets $5.50, scostma (MP+1) calls $5.50

River: ($19.35) 2 (2 players)
Villain (MP+1) checks, Hero?

Let me know your thoughts, is this an all-in or check give up! Any comments on previous streets welcome too, though I think they are fairly standard.

I had very few hands on the villain, my read was he was a typical reg.
By the way you played it would be a jam on the river, you would play the same with JJ, KK, TT, AA, etc.
if your intention was to check on hypothetical river, you should’ve bet only 1/3 of the pot on the flop and then 1/2 pot on the turn.
But your plan of betting 1/2 on the flop and close to 2/3 of the pot on the turn will lead to a shove most of times on the river, so you will make villain have a real hard time calling even when it holds strong values, such as AA and KK for example.
As played it was good but it is even better when we polarize our bets postflop having the Ace of Diamonds, in this case we would block ace combinations of our opponent and we can easily follow your line and safely jam the river for bluff.
No problem bluffing your second nut busted flush draw, but be aware that it increases your bluffing range quite a bit.
We must have a plan OTF and follow it til the river in spite of the outcome.
Well played, but you can play even better!

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
By the way you played it would be a jam on the river, you would play the same with JJ, KK, TT, AA, etc.
if your intention was to check on hypothetical river, you should’ve bet only 1/3 of the pot on the flop and then 1/2 pot on the turn.
But your plan of betting 1/2 on the flop and close to 2/3 of the pot on the turn will lead to a shove most of times on the river, so you will make villain have a real hard time calling even when it holds strong values, such as AA and KK for example.
As played it was good but it is even better when we polarize our bets postflop having the Ace of Diamonds, in this case we would block ace combinations of our opponent and we can easily follow your line and safely jam the river for bluff.
No problem bluffing your second nut busted flush draw, but be aware that it increases your bluffing range quite a bit.
We must have a plan OTF and follow it til the river in spite of the outcome.
Well played, but you can play even better!

I was unsure as we block the auto folds but on the other hand we are at the bottom of range. I have so many overpairs in my range so I should have some bluffs. On the other hand once he calls the big turn barrel i am expecting he will have JJ, QQ or TT alot and be very sticky.

With so much value I am not sure if bluff A of diamonds too will be a problem anyway , as not all the combos would take this line anyway, e.g. AdKd I might check back flop with decent showdown value.

I am still never quite sure whether I should follow through with missed flush draws as it's less likely villain will be on a flush draw that would auto fold, though I don't have too many other bluffs.

The river is such a brick too which I didnt like though is good for my overpairs.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I was unsure as we block the auto folds but on the other hand we are at the bottom of range. I have so many overpairs in my range so I should have some bluffs. On the other hand once he calls the big turn barrel i am expecting he will have JJ, QQ or TT alot and be very sticky.

With so much value I am not sure if bluff A of diamonds too will be a problem anyway , as not all the combos would take this line anyway, e.g. AdKd I might check back flop with decent showdown value.

I am still never quite sure whether I should follow through with missed flush draws as it's less likely villain will be on a flush draw that would auto fold, though I don't have too many other bluffs.

The river is such a brick too which I didnt like though is good for my overpairs.
Once you are CO 3-betting MP1, you are not on the bottom of your range, and hands like KJs, QJs, are your semi-bluffs for this position. (You block a lot of top combinations and these hands will hit the board pretty good, giving us more playability)
How many hands have you played versus this villain?
It could be that your opponent is not on the same level of thought of you. We shouldn’t be results oriented, but we must use results for information and knowledge.
Otherwise, hero and villain would be playing a very fantastic speculative playing that is not present on the lower limits, I dare to say NLHE 200 and inferior.
We should be bluffing if we have information that V can fold best hands. By polarizing preflop with a 3-bet, 1/2 pot and then 2/3 pot bet you are representing JJ, KK, a few AK, at least 99 could’ve made a 3-bet preflop when CO X MP1.
If I was villain, having played a hundred hands versus you/hero, I would have called your 3-bet preflop a couple of times and 4-bet you once in a while.
In the case I call, my adversary already knows that probably I do not hold Aces or Kings, for these hands will 4-bet more than flat OOP.
My range is capped to a chunk of pocket pairs and broadways, I don’t have many 76s when I call your 3-bet.
Thus, when you polarize flop, I will understand you have your best hands and wants to inflate the pot ASAP, so you can shove me on the river to profit over my dominated hands that are strong and will not fold a lot.
Having this information by the size of your C-Bet, that your intention is to make the pot grow quickly, I would easily fold my AK, AQ, KQ, etc
Unless I am sure I can float on the river and you are able to fold your best hands, I would’ve folded on the flop.
From my perspective villain speculated too much with its AQs, having called polarized barrels on the flop and turn.
I am saying that you have played very good and I would do the same many times, when I know villain in a way that I can trap it and confuse it.
And I believe that if you have shoved river, Villain would’ve called very dominated. And was smart of you this is why you checked.
Now I would like you to count how many combos of bluffs are on your range when you elect to bluff all of your Kings and Aces suited that could’ve 3-bet preflop.
After that count how much real value hands you do that, and you are going to observe that you will have more bluffs than values in your range postflop, making you more exploitable.
Have you ever considered that villain could have this information about your playing?

M

Maximum

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't see how he folds if you jam river ,just this run out doesn't change the texture of the board .

rastapapolos

rastapapolos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
I don't see how he folds if you jam river ,just this run out doesn't change the texture of the board .
Calling a river jam with A high is burning money. Don't be affraid to throw some river bluff.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Once you are CO 3-betting MP1, you are not on the bottom of your range, and hands like KJs, QJs, are your semi-bluffs for this position. (You block a lot of top combinations and these hands will hit the board pretty good, giving us more playability)
How many hands have you played versus this villain?
It could be that your opponent is not on the same level of thought of you. We shouldn’t be results oriented, but we must use results for information and knowledge.
Otherwise, hero and villain would be playing a very fantastic speculative playing that is not present on the lower limits, I dare to say NLHE 200 and inferior.
We should be bluffing if we have information that V can fold best hands. By polarizing preflop with a 3-bet, 1/2 pot and then 2/3 pot bet you are representing JJ, KK, a few AK, at least 99 could’ve made a 3-bet preflop when CO X MP1.
If I was villain, having played a hundred hands versus you/hero, I would have called your 3-bet preflop a couple of times and 4-bet you once in a while.
In the case I call, my adversary already knows that probably I do not hold Aces or Kings, for these hands will 4-bet more than flat OOP.
My range is capped to a chunk of pocket pairs and broadways, I don’t have many 76s when I call your 3-bet.
Thus, when you polarize flop, I will understand you have your best hands and wants to inflate the pot ASAP, so you can shove me on the river to profit over my dominated hands that are strong and will not fold a lot.
Having this information by the size of your C-Bet, that your intention is to make the pot grow quickly, I would easily fold my AK, AQ, KQ, etc
Unless I am sure I can float on the river and you are able to fold your best hands, I would’ve folded on the flop.
From my perspective villain speculated too much with its AQs, having called polarized barrels on the flop and turn.
I am saying that you have played very good and I would do the same many times, when I know villain in a way that I can trap it and confuse it.
And I believe that if you have shoved river, Villain would’ve called very dominated. And was smart of you this is why you checked.
Now I would like you to count how many combos of bluffs are on your range when you elect to bluff all of your Kings and Aces suited that could’ve 3-bet preflop.
After that count how much real value hands you do that, and you are going to observe that you will have more bluffs than values in your range postflop, making you more exploitable.
Have you ever considered that villain could have this information about your playing?
I had few hands with villain so doubt it was an exploit but of course it is possible! Maybe we arrive with AKs, AQs, AJs, A9s, A5s, A4s, KQs, KJs, K9s. I'm ignoring the AT, A8 etc as these are made hands. I might not 3bet all these 100% of the time. But that seems to be 9 combos of bluffs, versus at least 12 combos of AA and KK. TT could take this line too and maybe QQ or JJ (though possible a bit thin). Say 15 value combos, so yes potentially overbluffing but the ratio is not miles out.

On the turn I think QQ and JJ are still reasonable to bet and maybe even AT so more like 27 value combos to 9 bluffs. I really thought the turn would be folded alot.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
17/11 are fairly nitty stats even for full ring, so if the sample was large enough, I would look at his fold to 3-bet. If someone is only raising 11% of hands, they might not be folding to many 3-bets, and if the HUD confirm that, then I would just call in position and try to outplay him postflop. Or even fold even though its pretty tight.

Flop
The flop did not hit either yours or his range much, so you still have the range advantage. You also dont have much showdown value with K high in a 3-bet pot, so I think, firing the C-bet is fairly mandatory. Half pot is a bit large though on a paired board in a 3-bet pot. You are just trying to fold out some A high at this point.

Turn
When you pick up the flushdraw, its a pretty mandatory dubble barrel in my opinion.

River
Complete brick so here we are with K high. This has to be near the bottom of your range, so most likely a GTO bluff, and if you want to continue selling the story, you have some kind of big hand like AA or KK, or maybe top set with TT, then jamming makes sense. Once again reads or HUD-data would be usefull. Is this someone, who will now give you credit and fold hands like JJ or 99? Or is he one of the more sticky regs, who will make the big call? In the latter case its fine to be a bit unbalanced and not bluff him. If he defend correctly, then bluffing is neutral EV, so without information its not big deal, if you pull the trigger or just give up.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Preflop
17/11 are fairly nitty stats even for full ring, so if the sample was large enough, I would look at his fold to 3-bet. If someone is only raising 11% of hands, they might not be folding to many 3-bets, and if the HUD confirm that, then I would just call in position and try to outplay him postflop. Or even fold even though its pretty tight.

Flop
The flop did not hit either yours or his range much, so you still have the range advantage. You also dont have much showdown value with K high in a 3-bet pot, so I think, firing the C-bet is fairly mandatory. Half pot is a bit large though on a paired board in a 3-bet pot. You are just trying to fold out some A high at this point.

Turn
When you pick up the flushdraw, its a pretty mandatory dubble barrel in my opinion.

River
Complete brick so here we are with K high. This has to be near the bottom of your range, so most likely a GTO bluff, and if you want to continue selling the story, you have some kind of big hand like AA or KK, or maybe top set with TT, then jamming makes sense. Once again reads or HUD-data would be usefull. Is this someone, who will now give you credit and fold hands like JJ or 99? Or is he one of the more sticky regs, who will make the big call? In the latter case its fine to be a bit unbalanced and not bluff him. If he defend correctly, then bluffing is neutral EV, so without information its not big deal, if you pull the trigger or just give up.
I had very few hands with villain, my read at the time was just that he was a reg. I cant recall his exact stats at the time, 17/11 was after session. So might have been 20/15 or something, anyway 17/11 seems fairly typical at full ring, slightly nitty but not excessively. There are plenty of regs who are more like 11/9! A flat is ok preflop, but the problem is the BU or blinds will squeeze alot and I will be forced to fold. From CO I rarely flat.

Maybe flop was too large, I just thought it was a great flop for range and so my overpairs would want to bet big and I didnt really want stuff like AK, AJ floating.

I didnt really know how sticky he would be but my sense was he probably had JJ or QQ to call the turn barrel (or a slowplay), so might decide he is at top of range and not fold. Something like 99 I would expect to fold out, but potentially it would have already folded turn. I wasnt sure if shoving would be a blunder or checking back and giving up but you have comforted me that it's probably fine either way!