atlantafalcons0

atlantafalcons0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rush Limit Holdem.

Utg raises a wide range from any position.

Was this hand played poorly?

full tilt poker $0.25/$0.50 Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 965858
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Pre Flop: (1.4 SB) Hero is SB with A A
yjay calls, 1 fold, eocsr raises, 1 fold, Hero 3-bets, 1 fold, yjay calls, eocsr calls

Flop: (10 SB) K 6 K (3 players)
Hero checks, yjay checks, eocsr bets, Hero calls, yjay calls

Turn: (6.5 BB) 3 (3 players)
Hero checks, yjay bets, eocsr raises, Hero ???

Last edited:
GiantBuddha

GiantBuddha

Poker Warrior - DTB Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't check the flop. You have a strong hand and should begin betting for value immediately. If you bet and get raised, usually just call down from there. If you bet the turn, get raised and re-raised, then you can throw it away.

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You really have to bet for value, from what I understand about limit that's like the #1 important thing, because it's so much harder to build a big pot in limit than it is in no limit. Not to mention now you have no clue what to do since you've lost the initiative.

I'm not really sure how to play the turn, cause I really don't know how wide we can expect villain to be raising here. Obv we're worried about trips or a set, I guess flushes too, but he could pretty easily have 77-QQ here, or even worse. I wonder how his range changes, too, since our hand is pretty underrepped. I guess it gets more complicated too since we're multi-way... I think I want to fold, but again, I have pretty much no experience so I don't really know for sure.