200NL river bluff

Schatzdog

Schatzdog

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You're right, this could be analysed a million different ways. I'm seeing just one hand in a session played at a table and game I didn't see. All I can give you is an opinion and maybe something to think about when running or designing your next bluff.

Y

young hova

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the idea of the raise is good, but I think a $75 dollar raise gets the same job done and lowers the amount you lose if he calls. In the defense of combuboom, I think its not always so much of what he's getting you to represent, its what range of hands the villain is willing to call that bet with. It seems like a lot of people are giving the villain more credit for a hand that we want him to have rather than what he does have. If we have to go off of a read combuboom should know. In this particular case, I don't think what you make your opponent believe in this case is as detrimental to when he actually has a hand. In this case its believed he actually doesn't have much, its not like we believe the villain to have an overpair.

So in this case the importance of representing a hand is a little over exaggerated, it doesn't matter as much what he makes you believe he has based on his image, because when the villain looks at his marginal to nothing hand he's got no choice to lay down, never was it assumed by combuboom that he was making his opponent make a big lay down

pokerace3454

pokerace3454

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i did the same thing in the lower stakes cash game and you did that perfectly so yes nice bet on the river :smile: