Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Effective stacks 200$

UTG Open to 15
Button[Me] Call AKo - See below
SB Raise to 55
UTG Raise to 110

In these games a preflop 3-bet is almost always QQ+, and early position opens are almost always AQ+ and 10s+, usually very easy game to make exploitative folds in. I flatted the AK because of his large open from early position is pretty face up as AQ+ or QQ+.

Given this action, is this just a fold? Or should I be getting it in 100bb effective preflop [most likely getting it in 3 ways, likely with some dead outs, probably never have the best hand preflop]

Ended up folding, UTG had AKo, SB had QQ

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This looks like a pretty clear fold. UTG probably just never has anything besides QQ/KK/AA and both SB and UTG are uncapped here

GGrinder

GGrinder

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
fold,if game was/is spewy u could just fc.but not often.folding is best,you havent investment much

G

G00fyAA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish to be a good enough player to fold here.... :)

Good news is the equity isnt as bad as it could be when you do call given their ranges even if one of them also has AK.

This is a spot too where reads are far more important than math...how often does utg open when utg...does sb like to squeeze frequently

For me given we are only 100bbs deep I dont think I can find a fold unless I have a real good reason (e.g.utg hasnt played a hand all night...only has AA here...)

G

Gildog89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think its a good fold. What they showed was your best case scenario, and it had you in bad shape. I think if you read your post "dead outs, probably never the best hand preflop", you really already know you made a good fold.

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
QQ+ is extremely tight for 3-betting in a short handed game, but given that as the criteria it is an obvious fold. Giving both Villains JJ+ AK, AQs AK is still a 22% to win dog. Good Fold

Organize a Home Poker Game