W

wlee013

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
$200 NL HE Full Ring: JJs in VEGAS

So it goes...

I went to vegas for the weekend with a couple buddies of mine for a good time and i wanted to get a good session of holdem in. So i was at the Rio. . I was 4th to act preflop. I bought in with $100 and i have folded a couple hands. I pick up JJ's and decide to raise with them after it was folded all the way to me. With the betting going on in the hands that i folded, i noticed that a standard 3x the big blind raise wasnt getting people to fold. Thus, i elected to raise 5x the big blind. I really just wanted ppl to fold and pick up the blinds so i could establish a more dominant table image.

So i raise 5x the big blind. everyone folds but the cut off. This guy was interesting. Out of all the hands i folded before my JJs, i saw him play about 75% of the hands. Very, very aggressive. He would raise with almost anything, and had the balls to fire at the pot on any street. Moreover, i saw him make a tripple barrel bluff and take it on the river. The guy even showed the bluff. I knew he didn't know what he was doing. Just having a good time, bullying the table, enjoying vegas. However, his strategy was working for he was the chip leader at the table at around 500.

Thus, it would make sense that i did not give him much credit for a hand when he called my raise. Flop...

10d 9s 6h

Since this dood was so agressive, i wanted to check to him, and let him fire. However, villan checks. Some alarms went off in my head ( i should have went with my gut feeling, but he plays so poorly that i wasn't sure what to make of it). Turn...

7c

Potentially helped him? I needed to find out so i bet 2/3 the pot. villan thought for about 10 sec and raised me 3x. I saw him make a move like this a couple hands earlier and took it down. I felt i should give him credit, but like i sad he was such a poor player that the blufing % in my head for villan was very high. I just didnt give him enough credit. I shoved. he called. River...

some blank card.

I knew by the way he called i was dead. He had Pocket 10s.

I know flopping his set on me was 20% and majority of the time i would have taken the pot down.

But was my play bad?

Revewing the hand in my head, i feel i should have bet the flop. However, even if i did so, i feel he would have either raised me, and i would have been all-in. Or he would have called my bet, and i would have bet again on the turn. However, more i think about it, regardless of how i played it, the results seemed to be the same. I was gunna bust on that hand regardless.

Any feedback? man... i KNOW im a better player than this guy... it just kills to know he smoked me on the first hand i played.

TEACH ME.....

love and respect,

wlee013

Royal Vegas - Leo Vegas - Sky Vegas