$200 NLHE Full Ring: Flop decision ; Call or Fold?

M

mikeisthebestever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain : Tight aggro regular

$350 Effective

I have been at the table only about an hour, but I know the villain pretty well. He is there every day of the week. Game is very loose/passive but really poor postflop skills on most of the table. I exploit this game very hard by opening wider to players that are scared money and taking them off the hand postflop.

I open Ac4c from MP to $15
Hijack calls.
Cutoff raises to 60$

An argument could be made to fold here, but Im confident about the range of hands he does this with and will basically be able to play perfectly postflop against it, so I call.
Hijack folds.

[$135] Flop 9c7d4h

$290 - I check
Villain bets $120

If I call the pot will be $375 with me only having $170 behind.

I think that his sizing is a big tell, if he had an actual value hand he would be trying to get value and not be trying to blow me off my hand. A hand like AA doesnt need much protection in a 3-bet pot on this board. My read on his bet size is that he either has QQ/KK or AK/AQ with there being MANY more combos of misses than overpairs.

Is it a spew to move in for my remaining $170? Should it just be a call? Fold? My concern was that if I flat here I will have no idea what cards I need to fade on the remaining streets, and he will probably just put me in on the turn regardless of what comes.

I move all in, he calls. My bottom pair holds against AJo - He was even wider than I expected.

G

Gildog89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally would have folded to his 3-bet pre. This is not the player you are trying to exploit? After the flop, I think you are about a 65% favorite vs. my interpretation of his range. I think its a solid play. If this was one of the loose players, I would fold the flop.

Folding in Poker