$200 NLHE Full Ring: bad fold with 2nd pair?

T

tiltmonster12

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its actually a $1/$3 game with stacks ranging from $300 to max $500.
Villain kind of tight preflop but postflop I've seen him call 3 streets with 2nd pocket pair Jacks.
My image was kind of poor. At times I wouldnt fight for pots and fold easily at other times I was very aggro, 3 betting pre and double barrels.

anyway I opened from MP with KhQh and HiJack is the only caller.
flop comes Qd8h2s, perfect for a cbet, so i threw out $17 and villain calls.
Im thinking he doesnt respect me enough to give me credit for the Queen and could be calling me with any pair or flat out trying to float to take it down on the turn, or could be slow playing sets.

An Ace turns, I check/ fold after he nearly 3/4 pot it.
is this fold too nitty or is his range really that strong betting an Ace like that?

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its actually a $1/$3 game with stacks ranging from $300 to max $500.
Villain kind of tight preflop but postflop I've seen him call 3 streets with 2nd pocket pair Jacks.
My image was kind of poor. At times I wouldnt fight for pots and fold easily at other times I was very aggro, 3 betting pre and double barrels.

anyway I opened from MP with KhQh and HiJack is the only caller.
flop comes Qd8h2s, perfect for a cbet, so i threw out $17 and villain calls.
Im thinking he doesnt respect me enough to give me credit for the Queen and could be calling me with any pair or flat out trying to float to take it down on the turn, or could be slow playing sets.

An Ace turns, I check/ fold after he nearly 3/4 pot it.
is this fold too nitty or is his range really that strong betting an Ace like that?

First, I think it's too presumptive to think "he doesn't respect you" enough to not give you credit for Qx. This is kind of silly and irrelevant. 1/2 players make one atrocious call after the next, for a variety of stupid reasons that I can't even fathom, such as "I looked at my watch and the minute hand is on 4, and I have ace four so that must mean I am going to turn an ace."

"Call."

Which brings to point #2. 1/2 and 1/3 players don't bluff nearly often enough. I think your fold is correct, and I think it's unlikely he was bluffing you without hearing more evidence that he is capable.

NH. Good fold.

G

Gildog89

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unless that turn is Ah, I agree, fold is probably correct.

Folding in Poker