$200 NLHE Full Ring: $200 NLHE Live Full Table

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What I mean is I never want to give anyone the idea that I am weak. This can give them confidence to spite the fact they are behind. Then this may or may not screw up my read.

I didn't say it is the right thing to do. It's just my thing.

However, he still came over the top, and it is an easy call. I just wanted to discuss the hand to analyze my game.

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you want people to think you're strong when you have a value range?

what?

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I said maybe it's not the right thing, it's my thing. Besides, these people are so bad anyways, they will call with the thinnest of draws.

But I know what you are saying. So you think the optimal play would be to check here, and raise? Check call?

Enlighten me.

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Besides, these people are so bad anyways, they will call with the thinnest of draws.

I agree with this. If you're leading for value from gutshots and Kx/worse Ax then it makes sense. Didn't say leading was bad, just that your explained reasoning for doing it was.

I don't dislike leading here, my default is to c/c but that will mostly be because of my online background where regs (which is gonna be spots where you don't have the lead OOP, since fish limp call more often than not) is to c/c because online regs have 80% cbets in the majority.

c/c seems standard here I think.

hutz

hutz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did you bet just hoping he would only call? Fold? You didn't give thought to him raising? or pushing? If I'm betting here, in this particular spot, I'm hoping he's going to raise so I can push, or he's going to push so I can call. Basically, I'm leading into an original raiser in order to make it easier to get stacks in when I think I've got the best of it. Also, you haven't given any detail as to what you think he believes your range to be. Just calling preflop weights your range to hands that will have a very tough time calling an all-in raise.

H

homeplay303

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I call here, he may just be pushing the big stack to try and scare you off the hand! We dont know what he thinks of you, he may think your trying to bluff him of his pokit 10s jacks or queens!!

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At the time, I was a little tilted. I wasn't playing stupid for the most part, so not tilted in that aspect. I had been getting sucked out alot. Honestly, I expected just a call, maybe two calls. It threw me off when the original raiser jammed.

Sometimes, people will do this with 2 pair. They blow their wad right away sometimes. I think that is because players don't think too much about it, and they lack post flop skills (worse than me).

But I thank all of you for the advice. Thanks for taking the time to analyze the hand with me.

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont like leading if we're even considering folding to a shove, because a decent amount of his range would be prepared to shove the flop.

Beanfacekilla

Beanfacekilla

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I hear you mate. However, I wasn't considering folding to a shove. It just caught me by surprise.

bgomez89

bgomez89

Resident Thugmaster
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd probably 3bang this pre to $48 or so

frozensprx

frozensprx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with making a call in this spot for several reasons. For one, what could he have raised with pre flop that would be vulnerable to being outdrawn on this flop? Almost nothing. If he raised pre with AK and hit top two a shove like this wouldn't make sense. If he raised with AA or KK or even 33 and hit a set...why would he shove over you? Again it doesn't make much sense on a relatively dry flop. What does make sense is a pre flop raise with TT-QQ and then an awkward attempt to bully everyone out of the pot. So that is either the case, or he is a really tricky thinking player who realized that his shove made no sense and appeared like a bluff and would get called. But either way, given the way the hand played out, the amount invested in the pot and the size, I would make the call, because I think this play will be a bluff far more often than a trick play.

Organize a Home Poker Game