$200 NLHE 6-max: KJs. I river top-two and fold.

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
See, I think he shoves everything on the river that he leads the turn with, and that includes a lot of one-pair hands, backdoor-flush draw hands that bricked and combinations of the two.

The key to the hand imo is what the presence of the fish limper does to his range.

Z

Zybomb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
See, I think he shoves everything on the river that he leads the turn with, and that includes a lot of one-pair hands, backdoor-flush draw hands that bricked and combinations of the two.

The key to the hand imo is what the presence of the fish limper does to his range.

So villain is creative enough to turn KQ into a bluff on the river?

And yea he'll shove whiffed backdoor FDs, but keep in mind he check called the flop sandwiched.... he has to have something besides a bdfd... not much makes sense

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So villain is creative enough to turn KQ into a bluff on the river?

And yea he'll shove whiffed backdoor FDs, but keep in mind he check called the flop sandwiched.... he has to have something besides a bdfd... not much makes sense

one-pair hands that he believes are good on the flop but he wants to keep the fish in?

K

kidkvno1fan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If river is a fold turn should be a fold also no?

Z

Zybomb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
one-pair hands that he believes are good on the flop but he wants to keep the fish in?

One pair hands that he thought were good vs you but then decides to turn them into a bluff? We have no information that indicates villain is creative enough to turn KQ or similar into a bluff and since we don't we can't default to him doing so. If he believes he's good on the flop he has no reason to turn them into bluffs by the river and he cant possibly delude himself into thinking he's value shoving 1 pair here expecting to get called by worse

If river is a fold turn should be a fold also no?

No -- for reasons that have been stated above already. In summary Villains turn betting range is much wider than his river shoving range but read other posts for details.

S

Skidmark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
do you remember if he insta shoved the river or took his time?

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Eh I'm a calling station, I still don't see how he doesn't shove his entire turn leading range on the river.

F Paulsson

F Paulsson

euro love
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
do you remember if he insta shoved the river or took his time?
He shoved pretty quickly. Not a snap-shove, but roughly as quickly as you'd expect it to happen.

A

Aaronftw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Wouldnt villain have to see us as a fish? and knowing F paulsson's stats, i dont think hes stats would match a fish ;)

sickflopz_yo

sickflopz_yo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
a wrothy fold by hero because most of the time when the small blind starts playing it aggressively they usually possess atleast a two pair and according to this situation could had any random twopair or possible flush and slow played it all he way to the river. So your fold in this case was a genuine one and you would had odnked heaps of chips away if you had insisted on calling that final big bet on the river.

T

TimmyOtool

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel even if the SB is pretty nitty in the blinds, the addition of the fish should add some incentive for SB to add some more hands into his range against our hero.

Definately connected suited/AXs/PP (87s-AQs/22-JJ) would be a reasonable range...

As played, I believe this is definately a correct fold on your part. The turn flat call is fine there are still reasonable hands in his range that you have value against. On the river a tough spot, but I feel you could find a fold against this particular villan.

To the people that said why call the turn and fold when improved on the river. The Jh doesn't improve his hand enough to beat much that he wasn't beating already on the turn that would shove the river. If villan had KxQc/etc that was beating hero, would a shove make sense from those types of hands?

The jack makes his hand look much better then it actually is against the shove.

I was wondering FP, what would your plan be on the river if it went brick and he checked to you? A smallish value bet?

B

baudib1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
people only shove the river with the nuts? it's only a pot-size bet.

Z

Zybomb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
people only shove the river with the nuts? it's only a pot-size bet.

Please name non flush hands that you'd shove slightly over a pot sized bet for value in this spot and what you expect to be called by.

Folding in Poker