Hero checks, UTG checks, CO bets $6, Hero calls, UTG calls

Turn: :10c4:
Pot: $25

Hero checks, UTG checks, CO checks

River: :kh4:
Pot: $25

Hero bets $10, UTG calls, CO folds

Hero tables and UTG mucks.

I really dont know what to think of this hand and I would like some help deciphering it, I was thinking I was up against an Ace with the very TAG UTG and I figured CO was taking a stab with air.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Certainly happy to see a free flop with junk like this.

Flop
When you check-call, you are already in bluff catching mode, because you dont beat either AX or JX with a real kicker. My actions here would be rather player dependent. Sometimes I take one off, but other times I would just fold rather than getting involved in a silly spot with a very bad hand. Whenever I get a free play, I always tell myself, that I payed nothing to see the flop, so I have no investment, that I need to protect. Even if CO is bluffing, then good hand to him. If he had raised preflop, I would also have folded, so its just the same.

Turn
Very happy to see it check through.

River
Now you also lose to a K or a Q, and I am not really sure, what you are trying to accomplish by betting? Are you turning your hand into a bluff trying to get someone to fold an ace?

Results
Apparently you got called by worse, which must most likely have been a T or an 8. This just show, you are in a great game, and that you should mostly be betting for value and not try to bluff these guys. Because apparently they will call you down with absolutely anything.

C

c0rnBr34d

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mostly agree with fundiver.

I like the small river block bet because I don't think we are strong enough to x/c again and no one seems interested in the pot, would fold to a raise. Are you sure V is TAG or is UTG just tight? A limp and 3 checks then flatting seems really out of character for a TAG. Against a tight player I think there are some pocket pairs and 8x and Tx that may get sticky and call given I suspect Hero has a fairly loose aggressive image given the hands you've posted thus far jamming non-nut flush draws and 3 betting light. I'd probably eliminate Ax from Hero's range given the limp pre since you're raising range is wide. That narrows your value range and makes Tx look pretty strong.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
TAG stands for Tight Aggressive.

Limping UTG is a very passive play. UTG is definitely not TAG.

As played, I don't mind a check/call on the river to see if you can maybe induce a bluff.