HJ: Folds

Turn: Jd

MP: Check
Hero: Bet $100
MP: Call

River: 3c
MP: Check
Hero: ???

I have a read on this opponent that he plays way too loose, but has shown the ability to put in check raises on river cards, he has it sometimes, and he doesn't other times. I really want to bet for value here, but if I do, and I'm check raised, my hand is essentially a bluff catcher (although a good one) I elected to check back, but I feel like I missed out on a bet of like.... 50-75 that would have gotten called with a worse ace 100% of the time.

D0nk3y Hunt3r

D0nk3y Hunt3r

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You reraised and then he led on the flop? I would put on 1/3 on the river. 78?

S

Styrofoam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You reraised and then he led on the flop? I would put on 1/3 on the river. 78?
I raised after a bunch of limpers. then, the HJ led the flop, and I raised him there. The MP called, adn the HJ folded.

D0nk3y Hunt3r

D0nk3y Hunt3r

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I raised after a bunch of limpers. then, the HJ led the flop, and I raised him there. The MP called, adn the HJ folded.
Oh yes, leader folded. 142 on turn, MP called 2/3 of pot, this can be anything, like you said, smaller A, a set, flush draw would call, though flatting 8s or 2s pf? Some pocket pair like 9s, or 10s, from flop, on turn not so so, and question about flatting still stands, would villain flat those. Something J related, maybe. I would still go for 1/3 on river, you are for sure ahead lot of time, pot is nice I would try, if reraised by not much probably sigh call.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
This kind of situations are super villain dependent. If villain is stationy, then it's definitely bet. If not, I thinking checking back is fine.

K

kostja007

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would bet small on the flop. The flop is very dry and there are not much draws possible. There are some flushdraws possible and also weaker Ax hands will call you. Turn I also would bet 1/3 or maximum 1/2. Sometimes I check that turn to balance. On the river you should bet for value and very often fold to a big raise.