Game Format
No Limit
Stakes
$1/$2
Table Format
Full (8-10 seats)
Currency
Today at a live 2€/2€ NLH, 10 handed game
Played in HJ :ah4::10c4: with 150€ in my stack.
Open raised zu 6€.
A very loose agressive player in the BB, who played nearly every every hand and open raised or 3bet nearly every hand, too raies it up to 12€, UTG called, I called.
Flop was :as4::10s4::7s4: all spades.
BB raised it up to 30, like he does it always. UTG called. He was a very passive player and raised every time he had the best hand, otherwise called.
Because BB was such a loose player, I jamed the 142€ all in.
BB called, UTG jamed for 190€, BB called.
Turn was a :8h4:
River a :qc4:.
Was my jam a good decision. BB was very loose und UTG folded most of the time when raised. Played against them für round about 2hrs.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
If he is aggressive when getting the opportunity to bluff or value-bet thin I would just call. Since you are not HU it increases the chances that you already are beat or have low equity.

I guess the UTG player limped. Since it looks like the LAG just mini-reraised (and he does it with total garbage) you could 4-bet PF and try to get folds or get HU with the LAG. If you hit that hand HU after a 4-bet and a call you just get it in of course.

If it is something that even loose players respect it is monotone boards so especially multiway if you shove aggression and get calls you are often beat.

O

Ortwin1989

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the reply,

the LAG tanked for a bit and then called. Shoved because didn't put him on a flush and was afraid of another spade on the river.Thought to a shove he might fold, because the flush was possible.

How much would you 4bet here pre flop?

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Standard 4-bet is a little over 2x when in position and a little under 3x when out of position (of his raise). But since the stacks aren't a full 100BB and you want to do it often if you have a stronger range in general than villain probably keep it on the smaller side. See how he reacts when you fight back pre-flop. If he is calling you a relatively small 4-bet often you should win in the long run just by having better starting hands on average - but you can take like the better half of your opening range and 4-bet if you want to be more certain you have the best hand preflop most of the time. Just be sure he doesn't adapt and change his habit of always 3-betting your raise.

Keep a linear 4-betting range as long as he calls. If he starts to fold too much preflop you can start to 4-bet bluff more with the worst of your opening range. And instead, just call with the middle part of your opening range.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Open raised zu 6€.
A very loose agressive player in the BB, who played nearly every every hand and open raised or 3bet nearly every hand, too raies it up to 12€, UTG called, I called.
BB raised it up to 30, like he does it always. UTG called. He was a very passive player and raised every time he had the best hand, otherwise called.
Was my jam a good decision. BB was very loose und UTG folded most of the time when raised. Played against them für round about 2hrs.
Ten handed we need to be shaping our ranges such that we are very tight with offsuit hands so AJ would be the min here to call in a standard spot however you have a BB that is going to inflate the pot. Which means we are going to have to play a larger pot vs a tight player and a maniac not a great spot for us even though we have position. Why?
EQR stands for Equity Realization off-suit hands do not improve easily when we have to play every street whereas suited hands that can pick up equity and make the nuts with more cards are the better hands to play vs this Villain combo.
Assume we flop an Axx board it is very hard for us to improve if we are behind and the V's can have a lot of equity vs us 3 way- as well as us being against a better Ax and a maniac big draw who will be bombing with that draw. To get our EQR we would need to see all streets. Is that likely vs a maniac and a TAG

Therefore I would be 3 bet folding AJ off vs UTG as they are passive and 4 bets is nutty and that also puts BB in a spot when we 3 bet. I would still be folding AToff ----my calls come from suited AX that can over flush BB and suckout vs UTG

As played we want to see a turn card we may have the best hand but the BB has all the flush cards here and UTG could have Kxs and is slow playing as they would do with the nuts. By not shoving we keep in the BB's wide range and do not play for stacks vs UTG having the nuts or BB
So your jam basically has everyone calling with better or with high equity hands not the best outcome for us.

To recap just fold AToff ten handed when we know the BB is going to inflate the pot-
3bet AJ off to take control of the pot and then fold to the UTG 4
call with AX suited to trap and fold post flop to UTG agg or three way action without a good draw to the nuts

:unsure::geek:

Last edited:
G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm curious to know that hand you beat. I don't question your decision because you obviously had a good read.
But in general and with 2 hours of live play, I would not have called, unless I saw that the opponent was tilt.
I agree with having a more aggressive line preflop. Or directly fold and choosing better spots for this table.
Greetings.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Open raised zu 6€.
The BB has to be more than a little loose to lead this spot into 2 players- remove the As make the board T73 and we can think the BB would try to steal that spot but both u and UTG have all the aces here and are not folding to the BB lead so the BB has to be clueless to lead a wide range here

Hopefully you won a big pot vs two flush draws but calling flop and shoving turn is the more balanced approach to this hand. Why?
BB may have a crappy spade and check turn on a spade allowing us to realize our full house draw for free

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The BB has to be more than a little loose to lead this spot into 2 players- remove the As make the board T73 and we can think the BB would try to steal that spot but both u and UTG have all the aces here and are not folding to the BB lead so the BB has to be clueless to lead a wide range here

Hopefully you won a big pot vs two flush draws but calling flop and shoving turn is the more balanced approach to this hand. Why?
BB may have a crappy spade and check turn on a spade allowing us to realize our full house draw for free

Isn't BB the 3bettor here though rather than leading, so could have AK, AQ etc?

Anyway the action is difficult to follow, Ortwin, you say you open raised from HJ but then somehow UTG calls. Did UTG limp and then you raise and BB 3bet? Or is this a straddle? Raising to 3x over a limp seems way too small, and versus a ten handed limp I agree with eetenor that it's too weak.

I don't actually hate the jam once you get here, as if you call there is $126 in the pot and you have $112 behind. With the A on the board there shouldnt be that many flushes and you are presumably you are never folding unless a 4th spade rolls off, and surely it would be better to get folds from some of those one spade hands now or called by AK, AQ with a spade. You have position so waiting to the turn is OK but any spade, K, Q or J is really bad for you, either such that you lose or killing your action.

O

Ortwin1989

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah UTG limped. And didn't realized he limped. BB had J4 of spades.....and UTG AJ offsuit.

S

Station_Master

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If he has J4s he could show up with anything. Lol at the guy overcalling AJo. Shame you didnt hit a boat

O

Ortwin1989

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah BB played nearly every Hand, raised every Hand, donk bets most of the time.

Aballinamion

Aballinamion

Sleeping with the Dark Lady of the Sith
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Open raised zu 6€.
Not really sure about your strategy here when we clearly don't own the nuts for this flop. Against very aggressive players I like to go more passive and let it bluffing, not emulate it's actions because loose players can also hit their equities once in a while and they might win in spite of playing too much.

Organize a Home Poker Game