$20 NLHE 6-max: Is AK ever good on this river?

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
John, maybe Im misunderstanding you, but your response doesnt lead me to believe that youre fully understanding the applications of the software. Im not asking if you know the developer of the software, im asking if youve used it. Do you know the features of it? If I say "lock + edit" do you know what that means in context of this software?

You obviously didn't read my post. I've used the software for over 10 years now, and GTO+, since they re-branded it two years ago. Yes I know how to lock a hand. I also have PIO solver, and simple post flop and used to also have gto rangebuilder (this used to be in leak buster). I'm pretty familiar w/ how to use these tools to show optimal lines based on opponent assumptions.

I'm done with this thread.

mbrenneman0

mbrenneman0

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Erm, okay?
You didnt say youve used GTO+ anywhere in this thread or in your link.

Nobody said anything about using GTO strategy in this thread until you went off about why GTO isnt ideal in micro/low stakes... Im really not sure what youre talking about or what your point is...:confused:

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Erm, okay?

Nobody said anything about using GTO strategy in this thread until you went off about why GTO isnt ideal in micro/low stakes... Im really not sure what youre talking about or what your point is...:confused:

I completely believe that you have no idea what I'm talking about.

I've moved on at this point. It's all good... :)

Figaroo2

Figaroo2

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
angry mop, the internet is wonderful.

Oh the last point is I can't really give an exact hand for the strongest I'd check, its too player dependent. I wouldn't likely have opened anything worse than KTs here from UTG so I'm probably checking 2nd pairs like QQ JJ.

Yeah that's enough.

Attachments

• angry mop.jpg
    angry mop.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
by the few info, I am oblied to think he had a KQ or Q9. Would you think that he would bet on that river with 2 pairs? I think not.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Have not read any posts except OP to not taint things. I would fold 80% and call 15% of time with 5% of time being inactive auto fold not knowing what to do. It seems we are beat by Q or two pair+ like 82%ish of the time from feel. Though we under-repped hand with standard 3x, 1/2 pot that any1 would call including air floats, on turn I thought he had QJs. I make a lot of position plays to see if they give up on turn I also call with gutshots looking for stacks on flop especially.

How often do we have to be correct to make the call? 3x standard, 1/2 pot flop and check river our hand is under repped but I would still fold more than call on that river bet.

I would have bet standard 50-75% on flop then gone for a check raise on turn if opponent has TAP higher than 29% after at least 110 hands.It depends on what I know about villian, if they are tight solid thinking players I would never go for check raise obviously. Flops bets are like 95% cheap enough for a peel turns are not. You look beat significantly more than you are seeing AJ diamonds. Pretty good fold IMO. Tell us what you know about villian is the question. (BTW I am no-where near a pro or anything just my 2 cents. I mostly play MTT structures.)

Last edited:
playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Erm, okay?

In my personal experience GTO is irrelevant if your opponents are making consistent obvious bad mistakes.

M

micromoi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in my opinion your size bet on all straights is very very weak, i think that's the reason u did find yourself on a tough spot on the river, but still for me its a crying call it's hard to fold to a half pot size bet there.

swannymojo

swannymojo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I think with 4 to a straight out there you can fold here especially to a sizing which makes it look like he doesn't mind getting a call.
My only concern is that we are chopping but he may well have raised that hand preflop.
I would have called there on the button with a lot of broadway combos most of which are straights and 2 pair on that runout.
Small point, I'd have bet 3/4 pot on this particular flop for value v the calling range.

Agreed. i'd have a tough time coming up with a hand your ahead of. If the villian likes to fire alot he might have air? But I'd be surprised if you're good more than 40% of the time.

bbennie1

bbennie1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately there's no information on the players in the blinds. Did he maybe call thinking one of the blinds would also call? That would increase his range.
I think you either had to check the turn or bet big on the turn. Checking on the turn would keep the pot low on a tricky board. Betting the turn big would let you know where you are, because it would be unlikely he'd be calling with a draw. From how you played it, you really got no choice calling the river.