Stakes
$.10/$.20
Table Format
6-max (6 seats)
VP$IP
PFR
Currency
$
Hey all - interested in your thoughts on this hand - I think I may have overplayed this but let me know what you think...

I had only seen 14 hands with villan

pacific poker - $0.20 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4: http://www.pokertracker.com

CO: 75.25 BB
Hero (BTN): 99.5 BB
SB: 87.35 BB
BB: 108.35 BB
UTG: 103.5 BB
MP: 104 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has As Qh
fold, fold, CO raises to 3 BB, Hero raises to 9 BB, fold, fold, CO raises to 23.5 BB, Hero calls 14.5 BB

Flop : (48.5 BB, 2 players) Ah Tc Ts
CO bets 16 BB, Hero calls 16 BB

Turn : (80.5 BB, 2 players) 8d
CO checks, Hero bets 40.25 BB, fold

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't see anything wrong with this hand. When CO opens play you have a good hand to 3-bet. And as you are already invested calling 4-bet is standard from BTN. Because the villain offers you a size that practically forces you to call from the best position. If the V make 4-bet bigger, we can talk about overplaying your hand a bit if you choose to 5-bet bluff, since calling commits you too much to the pot.
As a note fact, you are playing with effectives 75bb, so the concept of compromised pot is a bit relative here. And really in a place like this, V shouldn't expect much fold equity from your range.
On the flop Villain's cbet means V's last attempt to kick you out of the pot, when he perceives that you don't have a strong hand, specifically a high pocket like QQ or KK.
The turn clearly doesn't favor V as you could have connected very well with the board now. You could represent all the wheel aces that called/4bet and didn't come 5bet pre-bluffed.
So your way of playing did not seem excessive to me at any time.
Greetings.

P

pokernomad

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks Gustav197poker
I thought possibly I should check to induce a bluff and check raise on the river, but I guess if a KQJ (maybe a 9) comes down, there are suddenly lots of hands that have me beat right?

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks Gustav197poker
I thought possibly I should check to induce a bluff and check raise on the river, but I guess if a KQJ (maybe a 9) comes down, there are suddenly lots of hands that have me beat right?
If you bet on the turn you are getting value from a greater number of hands. In a 4-bet pot the villain from CO you could have a considerable amount of dominated values worth getting. You're only behind AK, mostly. And to a lesser extent below TX: But you are ahead of KK, JJ and aces without a kicker (less likely, the latter).
So on the river if a K or J comes up, it's more likely that your villain has benefited from this texture. Whereas QQ is less likely for V because you're blocking it.