Game Format
Pot Limit
Stakes
$.01/$.02
Table Format
6-max (6 seats)
Currency
$
I had only 11 hands from villain so VPiP/PFR/AF would not be relevant.

I'm wondering if it was a good play from me on the flop to 3-bet shove or did I just overplay my pocket Aces.
My reason was that villain will more than probably c-bet on any flop. I was a bit afraid of straight possibilities, haven't thought about sets at that moment - mostly because I put him on some overpairs which he might have played crazy aggressively (it's micro stakes, it happened already that I saw players overplay overpairs like Kings or Queens, though it might not be a good reason on its own). Also I was sure if I just call, he will shove on turn so I wanted to have some fold equity here too.

After seeing his hands I believe he shouldn't even have called my 3-bet preflop with such a hand (if it were heads-up, it would be 70% vs 30% in my favor).

Replayer: https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/?hand=325g9adps

pokerstars Zoom, Omaha Pot Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG: $1.40 (70 bb)
MP: $2.20 (110 bb)
CO: $4.22 (211 bb)
BU: $4.56 (228 bb)
SB: $7.83 (392 bb)
BB (Hero): $2.66 (133 bb)

Pre-Flop:
($0.03) Hero is BB with A A Q 2
1 fold, MP calls $0.02, 2 players fold, SB raises to $0.08, Hero 3-bets to $0.26, MP calls $0.24, SB calls $0.18

Flop: ($0.78) 7 5 6 (3 players)
SB bets $0.75, Hero raises to $2.40 (all-in), MP folds, SB calls $1.65

Turn: ($5.58) A (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($5.58) K (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $5.58 (Rake: $0.18)

Showdown:
BB (Hero) shows A A Q 2 (three of a kind, Aces)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 71%, Flop: 11%, Turn: 98%, River: 100%)

SB shows 7 7 J K (three of a kind, Sevens)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 29%, Flop: 89%, Turn: 3%, River: 0%)

BB (Hero) wins $5.40

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
What is probably one of the worst flops for your hand.

The "rule" HU with aces is that if you can get around 30% of your stack in pre-flop you usually go for it. Unless! The flop comes with middle connectors and with a different suite or flush draw that you have.

You missed just about everything you could miss and he can have called with some connected rundowns.

If he plays as aggressively as you describe you get better opportunities postflop soon enough.

eetenor

eetenor

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I had only 11 hands from villain so VPiP/PFR/AF would not be relevant.

I'm wondering if it was a good play from me on the flop to 3-bet shove or did I just overplay my pocket Aces.
My reason was that villain will more than probably c-bet on any flop. I was a bit afraid of straight possibilities, haven't thought about sets at that moment - mostly because I put him on some overpairs which he might have played crazy aggressively (it's micro stakes, it happened already that I saw players overplay overpairs like Kings or Queens, though it might not be a good reason on its own). Also I was sure if I just call, he will shove on turn so I wanted to have some fold equity here too.

After seeing his hands I believe he shouldn't even have called my 3-bet preflop with such a hand (if it were heads-up, it would be 70% vs 30% in my favor).

Replayer: https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/?hand=325g9adps

PokerStars Zoom, Omaha Pot Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG: $1.40 (70 bb)
MP: $2.20 (110 bb)
CO: $4.22 (211 bb)
BU: $4.56 (228 bb)
SB: $7.83 (392 bb)
BB (Hero): $2.66 (133 bb)

Pre-Flop:
($0.03) Hero is BB with A A Q 2
1 fold, MP calls $0.02, 2 players fold, SB raises to $0.08, Hero 3-bets to $0.26, MP calls $0.24, SB calls $0.18

Flop: ($0.78) 7 5 6 (3 players)
SB bets $0.75, Hero raises to $2.40 (all-in), MP folds, SB calls $1.65

Turn: ($5.58) A (2 players, 1 all-in)

River: ($5.58) K (2 players, 1 all-in)

Total pot: $5.58 (Rake: $0.18)

Showdown:
BB (Hero) shows A A Q 2 (three of a kind, Aces)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 71%, Flop: 11%, Turn: 98%, River: 100%)

SB shows 7 7 J K (three of a kind, Sevens)
(Equity - Pre-Flop: 29%, Flop: 89%, Turn: 3%, River: 0%)

BB (Hero) wins $5.40
Watching replayer no results known just yet
stopped preflop
Preflop raising is a standard play with this hand in this spot we want to be HU and if we know we want to be HU and it is now
3 way how should we be thinking about the strength of our hand now?

It is a marginally strong hand now---We will not win most often without improving and we are blocking our own flush draw and the A2 does not make the nut low straight vs 2 players one of which limped meaning wide open range

So what will our best action be post flop?

Pot control- How do we do that?

Checking and small bets- small bets if limper dude bets too often but will not raise

Watching flop now

What was your first thought when you saw this flop?

Mine was-- ok next hand

You shove with no good draws to the nuts in PLO- that is seldom ever a high profit play- you do not even have a blocker

Folding is the best ROI play you could have made

If you take the time to evaluate your hand strength preflop vs 2 V in PLO this is an easy fold.

WTG you hit your 2 outer nice to win especially when we make mistakes this big. This is a very negative EV play over time unless you stay lucky like this.
You had 11% equity on the flop vs this hand and had the V had combo draws that your AA was a head of right now you had 23% equity
If you do not continue to run well you will lose a lot of money playing PLO like this

-6 buyins per ten played like this vs the combo draws--- that is a lot

The good news you had 70% vs that hand preflop so yes raise pre however PLO is a post flop game we need to be better post flop understanding hand strength in relation to board runouts - how much equity we have is much more important than I have the best one pair hand on the flop

:unsure::geek:

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
What is probably one of the worst flops for your hand.

The "rule" HU with aces is that if you can get around 30% of your stack in pre-flop you usually go for it. Unless! The flop comes with middle connectors and with a different suite or flush draw that you have.

You missed just about everything you could miss and he can have called with some connected rundowns.

If he plays as aggressively as you describe you get better opportunities postflop soon enough.
I feel like this is a good enough answer to endorse and not make my own long post. Even though rule was in quotation marks, I think that may be a little strong. Nothing wrong with getting away from aces, but I would want information on my my opponents tendencies and consider that with their postflop action if they act first.

lacroir

lacroir

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Thank you @ScooperNova , @eetenor ,@pentazepam ! Your answers help a lot.
To be honest, I just started playing PLO on micro stakes recently, just to try it out, so there is still a lot to learn. Already today I would have played this hand differently.