$2 NLHE Full Ring: What is your opinion is this a loss of value or not?

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Minimum bet with UTG to make a call if I get a big raise. Because there are aggressive players at the table. I made a check on the flop by masking my hand as much as possible. I depicted an ace on the turn, but the opponent did not raise even with a straight. Reviewing this hand, I think about whether it was worth making a check on the river instead of a pot-sized bet.
https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/724X5X3Iu

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Imo the only value you lost was not raising 3x pre flop. Of course if you knew villain had KQ then yes you could make a bet on the flop, then a bet on the turn and then do whatever on river (bet large and get called or check raise) but you dont know that. So you checked on the flop when you smashed the board which I am fine with and do often. You bet half pot the turn as you would if you had Ax there and then river you bet larger than I would have (I expected folds going through the replayer when you made that bet) and got a call. Getting full pot on the river is better than what you can hope for when you flop a flush. Villain did not overplay their straight knowing that if you dont have the flush yourself, you will not be calling a raise they would make there so it was a good call by them. I think you played the hand fine since we can never know when villain has a strong but second best hand, especially the way this villain played their straight.

F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would raise 5-6 cents pre flop, mostly personal preference here (tho i believe its easier to play and you build a bigger pot)/
OTF unblocking A of diamonds is a mandatory bet imo here and try to build the pot rather than chasing check raises (**** gto here, i assume we want to check here but giving it 2nd thought solver prob wants to bet too).
Obviously on this run out you would need to blast turn and river.
As played pot turn and 1/2-3/4 otr, depends on what you think they can manage to call with and what sizing.
Hope this helps and Good Luck!

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As Rock Star suggested the open looks a little light, but not really a problem.

As the UTG opener, a half pot C-bet is expected and I would make it. The flop bet is more likely to be seen as a bluff than a bet on the turn, IMHO. With 3 diamonds and a straight draw, what could come on the turn and river to encourage villains to continue? At bet Hero can hope to get paid on two streets, may as well make one the flop.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Not a big fan of min-raising at 2NL.

Flop
Its a disaster, if they check behind with a hand, that would gladly have called a bet. Also if you check-call, then you are probably checking to them on the turn, and then once again you allow them to determine the size of the pot. So if you check here, it has to be because you think, its very likely, one of them will bet, and then you have to go for a check-raise, so you can naturally continue to barrel the turn.

Turn
Totally on board with betting now, but maybe you can go a bit larger than half pot.

River
Totally on board with betting again and dont mind the sizing. You could even consider an overbet, since some players at 2NL will overvalue a straight on a board like this and become very unelastic.

Conclusion
Yes I think, some value was lost in this hand. A larger preflop raise and a larger turn bet will both help creating a larger final pot, and the flop check is only good, if your intention was to check-raise.