$2 NLHE Full Ring: P-Ks, A on the Flop

SeaRun

SeaRun

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Villain was playing tight, if he was in the pot, he had something. The way he was playing, I don't believe he was representing an A in his hand. Two months ago, I would surely have lost my stack on this. How many would have folded?

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.02 BB (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://flopturnriver.com

SB ($1.23)
BB ($5.01)
UTG ($1.42)
UTG+1 ($2)
MP1 ($1.23)
Hero (MP2) ($3)
MP3 ($0.94)
CO ($0.78)
Button ($1.48)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K
diamond.gif
, K
spade.gif

2 folds, MP1 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.06, MP3 calls $0.06, 4 folds, MP1 calls $0.04

Flop: ($0.21) 7
heart.gif
, 9
club.gif
, A
diamond.gif
(3 players)
MP1 bets $0.14, Hero folds, 1 fold

Total pot: $0.21 | Rake: $0.01

Results below:
MP1 didn't show

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMO I would have reraised to rep the A, I'm not giving up on KK that easily when someone who just limped and then flat your raise pre donk bets the flop.

Also given the extra player in pre would have gone 3x + 1bb rather than just 3x, possibly even another 1bb being others to act behind.

Just my 2c. You could certainly be facing an A with the donk bet but that is also the line he is taking is to rep the A where given you reraised pre If I have an A in this spot I'd be checking it to you (i don't imagine his thinking level would be to think that you might think his donking doesn't mean he has an A when he actually does to get you to reraise. know what I mean lol).

Anyhow wonder what others might think but that would be my approach.

F

Falcon1803

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the previous comment. Unless the Villain is very sophisticated it doesn't make sense to donk with an ace here as he only loses your possible c-bet money. More looks like bluff or some stupid drawy type hand, something like T8s (if he has it in his range). I remember once I got bluffed in exactly the same spot in live game and threw out KK in 3 bet pot against a large donk bet on the flop A106, the vilain showed 10 9s....