$2 NLHE Full Ring: Folding to aggression from a LAG player

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah basically fold against the guys who are going to make it harder for you either by 4betting wider or flatting more and playing in position. 3bet the guy who is in an obvious steal spot who generally folds to 3bets or who folds to a lot of cbets in 3bet pots.

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
folding > 3betting in general imo.

S

ScottishMatt

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always fold most pairs OOP unless there is a raised pot and 2 people in it minimum, or I decide it is worth a 3 bet which is entirely dependant on villain stats. Is the flatting OOP profitable with just 2 people in?

As to LD concerning stats, you really shouldn't pay much attention to how the HUD ranks them. If they have VPIP of 30 and PFR of 6/7+ they will be ranked LAG but that doesn't mean they wont turn into a nit postflop which is exactly what a ton of players at these stakes do. I would recommend asking one of the more experienced members on here for a good HUD setup/example so that you have more info than what the software provides as this can be slightly skewered.

Edit - Oh and fold TBH, don't think he has air here very often without stats to say otherwise.

youregoodmate

youregoodmate

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cheers guys appreciate it.

LD1977

LD1977

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As to LD concerning stats, you really shouldn't pay much attention to how the HUD ranks them. If they have VPIP of 30 and PFR of 6/7+ they will be ranked LAG but that doesn't mean they wont turn into a nit postflop which is exactly what a ton of players at these stakes do. I would recommend asking one of the more experienced members on here for a good HUD setup/example so that you have more info than what the software provides as this can be slightly skewered.

Thx, in the meantime I figured out how to use the HUD but frankly post flop I rely much more on my own notes on interesting play I notice on the table.

I guess that is a big weakness since I can't multitable worth a damn but hopefully I can learn to use HUD more quickly in the future.

I will have to read this thread very carefully when I am fresher, have been playing a lot today so am a bit burned out.

Folding in Poker