$2 NLHE Full Ring: Is this a great call with a bad kicker or not?

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I noticed an interesting hand today. The aggressive player is on BB, which is often found at my tables. He sees that there was no raise on the preflop. And this means the absence of such hands as AK, AQ, AJ and other strong ones. Therefore, BB increases aggression with each street.
On the one hand, this is a perfect reading of the opponent. But, on the other hand, it is not a desire to fold despite the size of the bets. Do you think it's a hero call or a easy call? Which street would you give up on?

https://www.cardschat.com/replayer/324SlCTI4

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
It's not an easy call. By default I think this is a fold, because villains don't value bet weaker Ax hands in these spots. However it all villain dependant. If villain is aggressive then you should call, because they have ton of junk hands in their range and easily might be overbluffing.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not like that game. Since SB calls a sqz 6x, I don't think the best plan is to play super polarized. Because it is a duel of the blind and SB have no position. The SB shouldn't have called at that size of raise, but he did nevertheless, and flopped a top pair with no kicker.
On the flop SB is beating higher pairs, but below the best aces. In the following streets the villain's barrels are very large and really if SB's plan was extreme polarization, the hero should call on the river. But I definitely don't think it's a good move. The hand should have ended in preflop or on any of the streets of postflop.
Greetings.

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think its a crying call, but SB shouldn't need to make it. Better to raise blind versus blind with his weak ace. If BB 4-bets, I fold.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not like that game. Since SB calls a sqz 6x, I don't think the best plan is to play super polarized. Because it is a duel of the blind and SB have no position. The SB shouldn't have called at that size of raise, but he did nevertheless, and flopped a top pair with no kicker.
On the flop SB is beating higher pairs, but below the best aces. In the following streets the villain's barrels are very large and really if SB's plan was extreme polarization, the hero should call on the river. But I definitely don't think it's a good move. The hand should have ended in preflop or on any of the streets of postflop.
Greetings.
I was also surprised by the player's hand on the big blind. It was an aggressive bluff on all the streets. He had no confrontations with others and the player in the small blind. Many similar cases end in a showdown, such as a top pair versus a set.
This is definitely the default fold. But you need to have incredible faith in your pair to keep calling. Sometimes it feels like someone is forcing you to fold.

Alex_Ogienko

Alex_Ogienko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Such a game is quite appropriate against an agromaniac. The board is good for opening up his bluffs. And so we will do it exclusively against an aggressive fish. This is not a default game. So I see the call here as quite good.

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many players in the micros are calling stations you can't bluff them successfully.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Many players in the micros are calling stations you can't bluff them successfully.
So you think that the player with A6 played very badly here? Sometimes a check-call is a good choice against aggressive players.
For example
world series of poker Tournament of Champions 2006 Final Table. Mike Sexton vs. Mike Matusow in the 56th minute of the video. Daniel Negreanu is delighted.

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So you think that the player with A6 played very badly here?

A6 is pretty weak for 3 bets all in. But no he didn't play badly he read that player well. That was a hero call.

Last edited:
R

ronn6583

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is an example of a bad bluff at the blinds.
The flop call showed Villain has A.
The call of the turn signaled that the opponent would go all the way with A.
On the small blind after the turn, there is no fold with A at this limit.
I would fold pre-flop if I had no notes on my opponent.