Hero (UTG): $2.00
MP: $2.07
CO: $1.33
BTN: $2.00
SB: $2.88
BB: $2.98

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is UTG with A:spade: K:spade:
Hero raises to $0.08, 1 fold, CO calls $0.08, 3 folds

Flop: ($0.19) A:heart: 8:heart: 4:spade: (2 players)
Hero bets $0.14, CO calls $0.14

Turn: ($0.47) T:spade: (2 players)
Hero bets $0.32, CO calls $0.32

River: ($1.11) 4:heart: (2 players)
Hero bets $0.79, CO calls $0.79 all in

My Thoughts:
Villain: Only have 17 hands on him but he is 65/0 at the moment provisionally loose/passive.

Villains Preflop Range: Could be almost any two. He will probably call with most good looking cards and is unlikely to 3-Bet much (if any) of his range.

Flop: Is good for me. I hit TPTK and short of a few two pair hands I have him beat. I bet 3/4's to protect against his draws (or one pair hands hoping to catch up).

Turn: The T:spade: doesn't complete any draws. I bet 2/3's to protect again but maybe should be a little bigger. (I think I worked out 3/4's wrong!)

River: The 4:heart: is bad because it completes the flush draw and also triples up a bottom pair. I wondered whether to value bet or check/call or check/fold. I was really unsure as to where he was in the hand at this point.

I thought maybe 50/50 between Ax and a completed draw so I put the money in to maximise return when he has Ax. (he checks these behind whereas he bets the draw?)

Any thoughts? I'm worried I'm frequently overplaying TPTK and trying to not be a TAG-fish who puts the money in bad postflop.

thepokerkid123

thepokerkid123

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The 4 is safe, he doesn't have trips (the vast majority of the time). The flush is scary when someone called all the way, but you have a less than pot sized bet left. You should absolutely never be folding TPTK when the pot is bigger than the effective stack.
So the question is do we get better value by shoving or by check-calling/shoving, I personally think he calls wider than he bets (because he's a fish, and a 65/0 one at that) so I'm shoving this every time.