CO: $8.45
BTN: $2.39

SB posts SB $0.01, BB posts BB $0.02

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.03) Hero has K:heart: Q:spade:

Hero raises to $0.06, fold, CO calls $0.06, BTN calls $0.06, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.21, 3 players) 4:club: Q:diamond: 5:diamond:
Hero bets $0.12, fold, BTN calls $0.12

Turn: ($0.45, 2 players) 3:diamond:
Hero checks, BTN bets $0.23, Hero calls $0.23 With the spade 3 possible flush and straight draws i check behind to just call and see what card on the river appear. I think I did this correct, I was afraid to be raised, so a check/call would be more appropriate. Villains range is rather big, so a lot is possible.

River: ($0.91, 2 players) T:club:
Hero checks, BTN bets $0.65, Hero calls $0.65 Do I have enough equity to make a call here? since villain has start leading on the turn I am not sure.

BTN shows 2:spade: A:diamond: (Straight, Five High)
(Pre 57%, Flop 31%, Turn 100%)
Hero mucks K:heart: Q:spade: (One Pair, Queens)
(Pre 43%, Flop 69%, Turn 0%)
BTN wins $2.13

Batarang96

Batarang96

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like the idea of a smaller bet on the flop; <$0.10. It shows strength, and prevents him from getting a free card.

Check the turn. If he bets more than 1/3 pot, fold.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop
Standard open.

Flop
C-betting is fine, but you could also go into a check-call mode already, since you are out of position in a 3-way pot. This is not the strongest made hand, you can have, since you will also have all the sets, overpairs and AQ.

Turn
I like going into a check-call mode now. This was pretty much the worst possible turn card for you, since it completed not only the flush but also 76 and A2.

River
Pretty much a brick but he bet again. I have not looked at the results yet, but my instinct is to fold here. The first thing, you always need to ask yourself is, if he might be betting a worse hand for value. And I think, the answer to that is no. If he has QJ, he might bet it on the turn "for protection", but he is going to check it back now. QT made two pair, so you dont even beat that hand any more.

So I would classify your hand as a pure bluff catcher. And the issue is, when so many draws completed, its difficult for him to have a bluff. It would need to be some pure float like AJ or KJ, which is absolutely possible, but in general people tend to be more likely to bluff, when they have a lot of busted draws.

Moreover you have better hands to defend with than this. You can have some flushes or straights, that you checked with on the turn to trap him, and you can still have all the sets and overpairs as well. You could have QTs, which just rivered two pair. Or you could even have AQ, where maybe he is actually value betting KQ and owning himself.

You also dont block the flush, which is somewhat important. If you had Kd, then he could not have KJ, KT or K9 of diamonds, so you would remove 3 combos of the most obvious valuebets from his range. So on balance I prefer to let this guy go, and now I am going to look at the result :)

Result
So yeah he had it, and I am not surpriced about that at all.

zaratras

zaratras

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for all the extensive feedback.! very helpfull

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands