UTG opens $0.6 everyone calls

Flop (pot $0.34)
AcTd3d

checks to hero, hero bets $0.27, everyone but utg calls

Turn(pot $1.37, hero is left $1.27)
8s

Hero shoves, BU and SB calls, BB folds
(pot $5.24)

So i dont know if i played this hand well, if it was a heads up pot i would probably have bet pot sized on the due to the straight and flush draw probably, but in this situation, with a pot bigger tan my stack and the draws the only thing to do that made sense to me was shoving hoping for everyone to fold or being call by a draw or one or two pairs.

I would like to know your opinión on this hand thabks and sorry

Gohaku94

Gohaku94

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played it well vs loose pasivr guys. A T 3 flop is a great hand for 3s since those people will make alot of pairs that they won't fold.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I actually love, that you played so fast, that you got it in on the turn. It makes drawing really expensive and punish players like these, that just cant fold. Once in a blue moon you will run into a bigger set or get outdrawn by a straight or flush, but in the long run fastplaying big hands like this is printing money at 2NL. My only suggestion is to start with a full stack, so you can win 2$ from each of them rather than just 1.62$.

teh_colonel_saigon

teh_colonel_saigon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With so many players who are calling stations, you can probably get creative and overbet the pot. In the hand you got lucky (in terms of pot size) because everyone called the flop and folded turn, and the pot was big enough to get it in. In reality... how do you feel on the flop after the whole table goes to see the turn? You'd probably want 1 or 2 opponents here. An overbet would help you get that.

You played it well. No one was acting aggressive, so you are probably miles ahead here. NH

Last edited:
C

ClarkYex

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually love, that you played so fast, that you got it in on the turn. It makes drawing really expensive and punish players like these, that just cant fold. Once in a blue moon you will run into a bigger set or get outdrawn by a straight or flush, but in the long run fastplaying big hands like this is printing money at 2NL. My only suggestion is to start with a full stack, so you can win 2$ from each of them rather than just 1.62$.
Yeah I play full stack but don't re buy unless I'm down 50BB cusww in that way I have more control on my losses. I'm still new and prefer two control my self better

S

stoper92

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I play full stack but don't re buy unless I'm down 50BB cusww in that way I have more control on my losses. I'm still new and prefer two control my self better
Well, that means that you are to results oriented. You should focus on improving your game, not on "how-to-not-lose-1bb". If make good decision - you win in long run.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Tracking your results during play is a dubble edged sword. On one hand it does make sense especially for new players to use some kind of stop loss strategy. Like maybe if you are down 3-4 buyins, you end your session.

This is because for most of us, when we run into a significant amount of bad beats or coolers, tilt will tend to creep in to some extend, and we are no longer playing our A-game. It also ensure we dont keep playing at tables, that are simply not good, and where maybe we are actually getting outplayed by better opposition.

However ideally we do not want to focus on results while playing, because it takes attention away from the only thing, that really matter: The hand, we are playing right now, and the decision we need to make right now.

Not always having a full stack also reduce our EV, if we have a skill edge on the table, and it complicate learning, because we have to play more hands with weird stack sizes like 65BB or 85BB. There will always be some of that, when someone else is not full stacked, but we add to it by not topping up ourselves.

So my suggestion is to use auto top-up and not even look at results during the session unless you suspect, you might have hit your stop-loss. In that case check it either in the cashier or in your tracker. PT4 for instance will show your exact results for the day in the "play poker" session.

Finally not topping up identify you as a fish to most of the regulars. This can be seen as an advantage or a disadvantage, but for me its mostly a disadvantage. If other regulars see me as a fish, they probably want to play with me more, and that is kind of the last thing, I want.

So I also want to use auto top-up to send a message to other regulars, that hey guys, I am not the reason, you are at this table, so just stay out of my way, unless you have a legitimate hand, you need to play.

Maybe this is not a big issue at 2NL, but as you move up, you will experience, that it is a bit of a pissing match between the regulars, until everyone accept, that the other regular is not someone, who can easily be pushed around, and decide to back off and focus on the fish.

C

ClarkYex

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Tracking your results during play is a dubble edged sword. On one hand it does make sense especially for new players to use some kind of stop loss strategy. Like maybe if you are down 3-4 buyins, you end your session.

This is because for most of us, when we run into a significant amount of bad beats or coolers, tilt will tend to creep in to some extend, and we are no longer playing our A-game. It also ensure we dont keep playing at tables, that are simply not good, and where maybe we are actually getting outplayed by better opposition.

However ideally we do not want to focus on results while playing, because it takes attention away from the only thing, that really matter: The hand, we are playing right now, and the decision we need to make right now.

Not always having a full stack also reduce our EV, if we have a skill edge on the table, and it complicate learning, because we have to play more hands with weird stack sizes like 65BB or 85BB. There will always be some of that, when someone else is not full stacked, but we add to it by not topping up ourselves.

So my suggestion is to use auto top-up and not even look at results during the session unless you suspect, you might have hit your stop-loss. In that case check it either in the cashier or in your tracker. PT4 for instance will show your exact results for the day in the "play poker" session.

Finally not topping up identify you as a fish to most of the regulars. This can be seen as an advantage or a disadvantage, but for me its mostly a disadvantage. If other regulars see me as a fish, they probably want to play with me more, and that is kind of the last thing, I want.

So I also want to use auto top-up to send a message to other regulars, that hey guys, I am not the reason, you are at this table, so just stay out of my way, unless you have a legitimate hand, you need to play.

Maybe this is not a big issue at 2NL, but as you move up, you will experience, that it is a bit of a pissing match between the regulars, until everyone accept, that the other regular is not someone, who can easily be pushed around, and decide to back off and focus on the fish.
Nice point of view, never thought of the reg situation thought bowdays I have between 400/1k hands on most regs I play with but I will begin to auto top up and see how it affects my game, maybe it make me less rsult orientated

delirium1129

delirium1129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You played well. Also I have the option to bet 50% of residual stack to provoke opponents all-in.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Getting it all in there is fine. With that table dynamic, in particular.