$2 NLHE 6-max: River'd quads in SB ...I know I'm lucky here but how do I make it more easier to GII

naruto_miu

naruto_miu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
$2 NLHE 6-max: River'd quads in SB ...I know I'm lucky here but how do I make it more easier to GII

This was an awkward hand as me and the BTN were pretty deep from the start so, what I'm trying to ask is how should I have really made it easier to gii come river time...

I really had no clue at all, and I thought about just raising to like $1.55 on turn but than tbh I had no clue what they even had on flop, to min rr us on turn that makes any sense (so I didn't really want to lose them, and I wanted them to make the mistake of 3betting against me on turn but they didn't do that at all)...

Come river, I just hoped they had better than a king cuz it didn't make any sense to flat raise in position on flop (unless you were trying to take it away on a later street), than to min rr on turn, and again flat small 3bet (and I really would've bet it to like $1.25-$1.55 on turn but honestly lost all thought process on turn), but not 4bet (so then I was like maybe 9? yet I figured a 9 pops it back on turn, than a some sort of king?

So on river I just prayed they had something to call with or didn't believe me at all..

So I want to know exactly what I did wrong in the hand (cuz I really got very lucky in the hand tbh), and I think I know what I did wrong (the turn 3bet size)...So how much on turn would have been too much and lost them? Also what is the perfect 3bet size on turn that gets called and makes it easier to shove come river

poker stars $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em - 3 players - View hand 1995580
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $4.08
Hero (SB): $4.99
BB: $2.00

Pre Flop: ($0.03) Hero is SB with 4 :heart: 4 :diamond:
BTN raises to $0.04, Hero calls $0.03, 1 fold

Flop: ($0.10) 4 :spade: 9 :spade: K :spade: (2 players)
Hero bets $0.08, BTN calls $0.08

Turn: ($0.26) 9 :heart: (2 players)
Hero bets $0.20, BTN raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $0.94, BTN calls $0.54

River: ($2.14) 4 :club: (2 players)
Hero bets $3.93 all in, BTN calls $3.02 all in

Final Pot: $8.18
BTN mucks 7 :spade: A :spade:
Hero shows 4 :heart: 4 :diamond: (four of a kind, Fours)
Hero wins $7.89
(Rake: $0.29)

oh 1 more thing before you all state the obvious (3bet pre comments), why would I 3bet any small PP vs 1 player (without any knowledge of there post flop play, especially since i'm OOP too boot)?

Last edited: