$2 NLHE 6-max: QQ 3b pot, not sure about the fold.

M

Morra123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
any thoughts on the hand are appreciated.

partypoker, Hold'em No Limit - $0.01/$0.02 - 6 players
Replay this hand on CardsChat

UTG (Hero): $6.87 (344 bb)
MP: $4.36 (218 bb)
CO: $2.70 (135 bb)
BU: $2.02 (101 bb)
SB: $2.19 (110 bb)
BB: $2.00 (100 bb)

Pre-Flop: ($0.03) Hero is UTG with Q Q
Hero raises to $0.05, MP 3-bets to $0.20, 4 players fold, Hero calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.43) 9 4 5 (2 players)
Hero checks, MP bets $0.16, Hero calls $0.16

Turn: ($0.75) J (2 players)
Hero checks, MP bets $0.45, Hero calls $0.45

River: ($1.65) 2 (2 players)
Hero checks, MP bets $1.19, UTG (Hero) folds

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you need to be planning ahead when you call the turn. If you call because you think you're ahead, and then the 2 comes on the river, I think you have to call the river.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you need to be planning ahead when you call the turn. If you call because you think you're ahead, and then the 2 comes on the river, I think you have to call the river.

I agree here - if you're calling the Turn, you're doing that with the intention of calling the River as well. Is it possible they have Kings or Aces, or even flopped a set? Sure, absolutely, but you've under-repped your hand here as well, so AJ is certainly within their range too.

You should be taking one of two tracks here.
1. Call one street, check-fold turn.
2. Call all streets with the board as run out. Now, had the River been a King or an Ace, THAT card could also be a bad card for the villain as well.

That was a leak in my game as well before, calling two streets, but not calling that last street. It's cost me money, so I've made an effort to stay away from doing exactly that.

But, given the way they were betting on all three streets, it's more likely they were betting for value, in which case a fold on the turn was probably the more correct play.

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree with what everyone else said. Holding the Qs reduces villains bluffing hands ever so slightly on the turn. I would sigh and call river here.
QQ is too strong here to be folding on the river

jaworek1405

jaworek1405

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I agree in the large part with guys. Opponent is a second stack at table, so it seems that he can be good player. Above all at nl2 level I prefer a little bigger raise pre flop, 6x for me is a standard. As played - I think that board seems to be safe for pocket QQ and I think that on the river we have to call this bet for over 50% of the pot. I also think that our hand is too strong to fold. If opponent would be a smaller stack we can play 4bet pre flop, or check raise allin on the flop. GL :)

Folding in Poker