UTG calls $0.02, 2 players fold, SB calls $0.01, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.06) 2 Q 3 (3 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $0.04, UTG raises to $0.10, SB folds, Hero calls $0.06

Turn: ($0.26) T (2 players)
Hero checks, UTG bets $0.13, Hero calls $0.13

River: ($0.52) J (2 players)
Hero checks, UTG bets $0.71, Hero?

Pre-Flop
I just sat down at this table and only have 1 hand on villain in which he limped. He limps again here which is weak and fishy but I have limited info and am OOP so I preferred checking my option here with QJo instead of isolating.

Flop
My hand is in good shape so I bet to get value from a potentially fishy villain. When he raises I am putting him on Qx, a flush draw, a fishy 2-pair, a set, a limped premium over pair, or a bluff. Clear call I think.

Turn
The flush comes in which I dont love. I have the Qc blocker though and he could still be value betting a worse queen here or going for a bluff. I am getting a reasonable price and have a draw to a decent strength flush so I call.

River
I improve to top2 but villain overbets the pot. At this point I am wishing I had more info on villain so I could justify a call, but for a typical rec player I think this line screams too much strength. His line reps a flush but it could also be a really good bluffing line especially with his river sizing. My Qc blocker makes me want to call and hope hes running a great bluff but I feel like I should only bluff catch against players who have proven they can bluff. He could also have a set, or he could have a worse 2-pair or Qx that he is overvaluing.

Thoughts?

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Villain's limp preflop denies the big hands and broad ways. To me it reads small to medium pairs and midling suited connectors. The reraise on the flop looks more like a flush draw, middle pair, 33, or 22 than a Q,

The turn play looks like Villain hit her flush. The 1/2 pot bet feels like she is walking the dog, to see if you;ll come along. The over bet on the river tells the same story. Hero needs to call $71 in order to win $1.23. Hitting two pair does increase Hero's chances much. He is still losing to a flush and trips. I have to fold. Most penny game players won't bluff her, or bet a hand Hero can beat.

T

tokentalk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I will fold. If he is a good player, he will check back the river when there are flush and straight possibilities even with AQ or Q3 etc. It looks like he had A5s or A4s with outs to flush and straight and he raised the flop and got there on turn.

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think with the overbet on the river, a fold is your best play.

This is $2 NL, so villain could just be spazzing out, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a flush, or at least a flopped set.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
Agree with others. Very hard to put villain on a range, but by default they underbluff in these spots. You can fold with peace in your mind.

GreenDaddy1

GreenDaddy1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Folding vs unknown for sure. Pretty much everything worth saying been said above.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is going to read super nitty but I would fold the turn to be honest. I know that is a bit weak but we dont know the villain, we dont think he is going to raise the flop in a limped hand with air. The flop has two low cards which hit small pairs which many villains like to limp in pre flop with. Then the turn completes the flush draw. The raise on the flop to me is overwhelmingly sets, flush draws and Qx. The Qx we beat a lot since we should think that KQ and AQ would be raising pre but before we make the call on the turn we need to think about what the river will be like. I think it is safe to believe we will be facing a 3rd barrel on the river and our we prepared to call what will be at least another half pot bet? I dont think I would be with just what is a 1 pair hand on the turn (the two pair on the river actually only complicates things). We do have a flush draw which makes me look super nitty folding there but even when that comes in how many times are we behind against A3 clubs or a hand like that which I believe villain might still limp with. I just fold on the turn which I know is exploitable but this villain would not know that yet having only played a hand with them. This might be a different situation if we had 100 or so hands on villain and have some specific notes on them on how they play.

Let me be clear though that I dont mind calling and calling is probably correct, I am pointing out above what I tend to think about on the turn and how I would play it. As played it is a very clear fold on the river even with the "improvement" to two pair.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you did not fold the turn because you have the Qc and you think he does not have the flush how you described it then there is no reason not to call in this case, if the villain is a good player he should not have 22 or 33 since with the draw flush on the flop he would have raised and if he had AK make a 3bet so there is no reason not to call