$2 NLHE 6-max: KK on wet flop, facing c/r

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As stated, .02nl. I am on BTN with KK. UTG raised 2 1/2bb, HJ calls, I raise 10bb, call, call.

I have KcKs

UTG seems to be a .02nl reg, HJ has shown to be generally a pretty bad player.

Flop Qd 10d Jc, check, check, I raise 1/2 pot UTG jams, HJ folds.

UTG and I both have around 110 BB stacks.

I have no real reads on UTG, I dont use a HUD, but he has been playing generally pretty tight and not real aggressive, I have not seen a lot of SD hands from him. I am also playing 6 tables (BCP) with no hud.

My thinking is UTG range will be pretty much any pair, big suited BW, AK-A10.

My play should be?

mervin88

mervin88

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
im folding, with my overpair + open ended because there are so many easy spots than to risk a lot of bb's here, most likely we are behind and drawing thin

J

Jarud

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gross spot, I would lean towards a fold here, my guess is villian is shoving for value with made hands two pair sets & straights and to deny equity from hands such as the one we hold,
The only value hand we possibly beat is AQ,

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would actually check the flop and look to pot control to avoid this situation. You can only hope for AQ or KQ (maybe a few other weaker draws if he's a bit bonkers) and you are behind the rest of his reasonable range.

I lean toward fold, though it really would depend on my feel of the opponent at the moment.

G

gustav197poker

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a situation where villain clearly has a range advantage, due to his opening position. Considering that this board had several limpers, the chances of your opponent having a neutral bluff are greatly diminished.In fact the least likely bluff holding is already beating your hand (AA) while the other most likely hands in V, quite possibly now are connected on this board as sets. It's a very nasty place, but I think the default is to quit this MWB.
Also keep in mind that most micro stakes players have a minimal range of bluffs, and most of the time they won't lie to you when they push in this spots.
Greetings.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for your input. Here is what I did:
I shed a tear and folded, and then started thinking "Wait.... Was that such an easy fold?" Hence my post here. Thanks for the comments