$2 NLHE 6-max: Did I miss a value bet here?

T

tzuriel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hello you lovely people.

I put him on a spade draw and he had been calling ALOT already during the session. Since he was in the BB and I let him in cheap (He had folded to bigger PF bets earlier), he could have easily had a flush draw on the Flop. When the spade comes on the river I checked behind thinking he had made his flush and expected me to bet again since I led on every street already. So did I miss a value bet? What else did I do wrong/right? Thank you!

No Limit Hold'em $0.01/$0.02
Winning Poker Network

Stacks:
UTG - UTG (
$2.00)
CO - Hero (
$2.66)
BTN - BTN (
$2.27)
SB - SB (
$2.00)
BB - BB (
$1.54)

Preflop: (
$0.03, 5 players) Hero is CO with Q♦ Q♥1 fold, Hero raises to $0.05, 2 folds, BB calls $0.03

Flop:
J♠ 9♠ 3♣ ($0.11, 2 players - BB: $1.49, Hero: $2.61)
BB checks,
Hero bets $0.05, BB calls $0.05

Turn:
T♦ ($0.21, 2 players - BB: $1.44, Hero: $2.56)
BB checks,
Hero bets $0.21, BB calls $0.21

River:
6♠ ($0.63, 2 players - BB: $1.23, Hero: $2.35)
BB checks, Hero checks

Total Pot:
$0.63
BB shows
5♣ J♣ (a pair of Jacks [Js Jc Td 9s 6s])
Hero shows
Q♦ Q♥ (a pair of Queens [Qh Qd Js Td 9s])

Hero wins $0.60 from main pot

S

Sidetracked

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't mind your check behind on the river, as flush draws will make up a good part of his range.

I do like a bigger flop bet. If you are going to bet the river, I think your line has to be to bet, and fold to a check raise.

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You could have reversed the line you took check, pot, quarter which might even make him raise you for value, but I don't understand betting so small in a .02 cent game! Incorporate BIG BETS!

T

tzuriel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Yep. You are both right. I need to bet bigger I just wasn't sure how big he would call and I wanted someone in the pot. I had scared off other players with larger PF bets already. Thank you for responding and helping me to get better! @azforlife I like that line and hope to be able to sue it he next time in this spot!

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is that your normal betting size for wet flop textures? I generally go 3/4ths in SRP with large made hands and big draws.

Is that your normal turn sizing? What other ranges are you potting the turn with? I wouldn't recommend that sizing personally. And if you're just purely playing exploitatively, that T helps your opponents range a ton.

As played, betting river depends on your opponents. Since we can see what he had it looks like he's a fish. So if you had stats that indicated that, I'd absolutely at least 1/3rd to 1/2 pot the river.

T

tzuriel

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Is that your normal betting size for wet flop textures? I generally go 3/4ths in SRP with large made hands and big draws.

Is that your normal turn sizing? What other ranges are you potting the turn with? I wouldn't recommend that sizing personally. And if you're just purely playing exploitatively, that T helps your opponents range a ton.

As played, betting river depends on your opponents. Since we can see what he had it looks like he's a fish. So if you had stats that indicated that, I'd absolutely at least 1/3rd to 1/2 pot the river.

Thanks John. I didn't have any real stats on him but he had been calling small bets a lot. I didn't want to raise him out of the pot which accounts for my smallish PFR

Do you recommend less than the pot on that turn? I put him on a straight or flush there (AQs AKs) and wanted him to pay if he was drawing. I know now that he is indeed a fish and took notes. I hope I see him again soon!