$2 NLHE 6-max: Folding middle full house?

H

HSmith

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was in BB with A 8o, cutoff raises to 3bb and i call, going heads up to the flop
Flop - K82, i check, villain bets 5/8 pot, i call
Turn - 2, i check, villain bets half pot, i call as i dont expect him to have a 2
River - 2. Here the villain bets full pot
At this point im wondering what hands im actually beating so folded. Do you think this was a good fold or should i have called?

NHequalsFU

NHequalsFU

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are calling the flop and turn then I see no reason to fold the river.

What are your plans after calling the flop? Do you think you are ahead here? Trying to hit another 8 or A?

What kind of stats/notes do you have on the villain.

I probably would fold the turn if they continue to show aggression with no information on villain.

TheBigFinn

TheBigFinn

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Calling A8o in the BB to raise is OK. A8o is a 60/40 dog to +A2s, +22, +A9o, +65s, +KJs, & KTs, but 1/2 the bet is already in.

On the numbers are reversed,. Hero is now a 60/40 favorite. Villain has a 18 combos with Ks, 4 combos of A8s, plus 6 combos of AA, QQ, JJ and 3 combos of KK, call it 43 combos of winners and 160 losing combos. How many of these will Villain c-bet with? All of the winners and 1/2 of the losers? Easy call.

The second 2 on the turn doesn't change anything. Villain does not have K2, or 82 in her range. Easy call.

Once again the 2 on the river changes nothing. Hero needs to call 1X pot to win 2X pot. The 43 combos of winners have not changed.so the question is, "Does Villain have enough losers and bluffs to make Villain only a 33/66 dog?" In this case 22-1/2. Villain raises 98s & 87s (8 combos) and perhaps 66, 77 (12 combos). Its a coin flip.

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are calling the flop and turn then I see no reason to fold the river.

why not?
just because we call flop & turn doesn't mean we have to always bluff catch there
I'm folding. Looks very much Kx

C

cs_rlewis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
why not?
just because we call flop & turn doesn't mean we have to always bluff catch there
I'm folding. Looks very much Kx
I agree you don't have to call river again. I'm folding here as well

Hujiko

Hujiko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am folding ass well.

Of course there changed something he betted again and on the river the bet was even bigger.

Folding in Poker